How to make ALL Facebook contacts not show

cktb2793

Reaction score
On my regular Droid, when I synced Facebook.......I had a choice of "sync with EXISTING contacts" or "sync ALL contacts"..........

The Droid X isn't giving me an option.......it added ALL my Facebook contacts to my phonebook........how do I get it to ONLY add Facebook info to my existing contacts and NOT show all my Facebook friends in my phone book like I did on my Droid??????

Thanks in advance for any help.

ThePerfectScore

Reaction score
Well what you have to do is go to manage accounts on your phone and just delete your Facebook account from the phone. That means you can't use the social networking app that was preinstalled on the phone, but that's okay b/c you can just DL the Facebook app from the marketplace. Or just use your webbrowser to sign into the mobile website for facebook.

the064cobra

Reaction score
I just tell it to sort "gmail" accounts only. It doesn't delete the FB names but that's ok. It isn't hurting anything. As long as I can simply filter my regular Gmail account names, I'm good.

cole924

Reaction score
I've been working on this particular instance and found out this information from Verizon -

The only way to delete this information is to delete the Social Network Facebook from Manage Accounts. That does delete the pictures of the contacts you made, but it's sort-of an all-or-nothing type deal. There is no way to actually just delete the facebook contacts if you sync when you start the phone up.

The way around it is to download the facebook App and just use that.

IF I'm wrong - please someone update us. I'm just not 100% sold on what Verizon says. People here know a lot more.

bmwnick1

Reaction score
wait so what do i do?

hi i just got my new droid X, and i found the above posts a bit confusing. what do I do to get my facebook info for just my contacts, and not for everyone of my facebook friends? do i need to download the facebook app or just use the app that is pre installed on the phone?

intodeep

Reaction score
Well what you have to do is go to manage accounts on your phone and just delete your Facebook account from the phone. That means you can use the social networking app that was preinstalled on the phone, but that's okay b/c you can just DL the Facebook app from the marketplace. Or just use your webbrowser to sign into the mobile website for facebook.

Damn it. I just did this and it deleted all my facebook people from my phone book, but for some reason if ther person was on facebook and i had their number from my phone ported over it deleted the old phone contact of the same name too.

So it just deleted every phone number i had stored in my phone :(

abeas

Reaction score
I deleted the facebook social network from my accounts and the contacts deleted as I wanted and the app still works, as does the "live feed" social widget. However, when I take a picture with the camera and want to upload it to facebook, I have to enter the account information again, and it recreates the facebook account under "my accounts." Sure enough, a half hour later, all my facebook contacts were back. I don't mind hiding them and showing "google contacts" only, but it still uses his or her facebook picture, which I don't like. I hit the menu button under my accounts and choose picture source and the only one it lets me choose is facebook. I wish I could choose google contacts as the picture source, but it won't let me.

Bigbobby

Reaction score
Deleted all contacts

All of my contacts got deleted when I did what was suggested. How can I get them all back?? Please help. I deleted the facebook and lost everything.

bmwnick1

Reaction score
so I'm still a bit confused. I don't have a droid yet, but when I get it, is there anything special I need to do or don't do so that I don't have all of my facebook contacts appearing on my droid contacts? any info would be much appreciated. thanks

wmscottmc

Reaction score
so I'm still a bit confused. I don't have a droid yet, but when I get it, is there anything special I need to do or don't do so that I don't have all of my facebook contacts appearing on my droid contacts? any info would be much appreciated. thanks

I have the same question, the last thing I want is to add a hundred facebook friends, or even my Hotmail contacts, to my phone contacts. I dont want to search thru hundreds of names to make a call, or text.

Please tell me that the DX does not work this way!!

ThePerfectScore

Reaction score
All my contacts were added to my phone via my Google Voice account, so I didn't have a problem with deleted contacts.