Droid X factory settings help

jlive24

Reaction score
Is it possible to reset your droid back to factory settings, without it deleting contacts or apps? My little brother recently unchecked a bunch of things while looking at my "running apps" and now I am running into some problems, mostly with my gmail not syncing and having to do a manuel refresh. Does anyone know if I can just reset my phones settings back to the way they use to be?

Technoman

Reaction score
Is it possible to reset your droid back to factory settings, without it deleting contacts or apps? My little brother recently unchecked a bunch of things while looking at my "running apps" and now I am running into some problems, mostly with my gmail not syncing and having to do a manuel refresh. Does anyone know if I can just reset my phones settings back to the way they use to be?

A Factory reset will likely take back where you were, but it will also likely kill your contacts. APP's may wipe, but I think with this version they will auto download when you reset the phone.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes you can reset back to factory....it's called SBF.....check my sig....but yeah you will lose everything....but Google will replace your contacts as well as most of your apps.