Droid X does not turn on

jlgee

Reaction score
On the 2nd day of having the phone it freezed. I tried taking the battery out and putting it back in. Did not work. The phone literally died and did not turn back on. Tried to charge it and no light or anything. Returned it to the store and they are shipping a new one next week. Crazy. They said mine is the 1st to do this.

tomah

Reaction score
mine froze up on me the first day. no matter what button i pressed, it would not wake up. i did the battery pull and it came back on. hasnt happened since.

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
that does happen once and a while, your phone was probably just a faulty one. Probably won't happen again.

Koroz

Reaction score
Mine locked up while checking my wifes email on yahoo.

rebooted like 3 times, next morning will only boot to the moto emblem. Factory reset worked for like an hour, then it happened again. Sending mine back also, said I should get a new one in a week.

Ive not read a whole bunch of problems, and I loved the phone for the time I got to use it so here is hoping that its isolated =)

TMH478

Reaction score
mine froze up on me the first day. no matter what button i pressed, it would not wake up. i did the battery pull and it came back on. hasnt happened since.

Its bound to happen again. Mine has done this twice already. Let's hope this gets a resolution soon.

Margaret

Reaction score
Me too.

My Droid X went dark. I pulled the battery a few times and it rebooted. Hope this does not happen again.

chachabella

Reaction score
Mine did that also on the 3rd day I was using it. I left the battery out overnight and then in the morning charged it back up.

Seemed to work.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sounds like the battery needed charged.
Droids will not power on if under 5% IIRC

chachabella

Reaction score
As for me... when it happened it was plugged in and charged at about 75 percent. It made a funny chirp, the screen flashed, and then it was gone. No amount of poking or prodding helped.

So I just left it alone overnight. Whatever its bug was worked itself out.

Lordbutt

Reaction score
Mine just did the same thing: Froze, I removed battery, reinstalled, and held down the power button. Green light flashed, pause, then I heard a very weak "droid." Then nothing.

I'm going to take it into Verizon today and see what happens.

Lordbutt

Reaction score
Mine just did the same thing: Froze, I removed battery, reinstalled, and held down the power button. Green light flashed, pause, then I heard a very weak "droid." Then nothing.

I'm going to take it into Verizon today and see what happens.

I took my DX in and they told me they would send me a new one for delivery in two business days. I have 30 days to return the old DX.

So now I'm back to the Droid.