Droid X Constantly rebooting

SeanPlunk

Reaction score
Good Evening All,

I have a friend with a DX problem that I can't figure out for the life of me. His phone constantly reboots. My first thought was a rogue program was causing the problem. I had rooted it a couple months ago, and thought maybe a root program was causing the issue. I blocked all the programs, but the problem persisted.

Yesterday I installed CWM, wiped everything and tried to install Liberty. Something went wrong and the phone got stuck at the bootloader. At that point I did an SBF back to .621, and wiped the SD card. Even after doing all that the phone runs like garbage and reboots indiscriminately. I'm wondering if it's actually faulty hardware at this point because I don't see how it could be a software issue.

The phone doesn't get hot and when I checked the temps on the battery it looked good.

Do you guys have any ideas? Bad CPU or RAM maybe? I'm at a loss here.

Thanks.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you did a SBF and wiped data and it still reboots all the time then yea it has to be hardware. I'd try and put a ROM on it again (make sure it is patched/compatible with .621) and see if that makes any difference.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
S

SeanPlunk

Reaction score
If you did a SBF and wiped data and it still reboots all the time then yea it has to be hardware. I'd try and put a ROM on it again (make sure it is patched/compatible with .621) and see if that makes any difference.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

That's what I was afraid of. I may give the ROM another try but I think it's probably faulty hardware :frown:

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
could be a bad battery, bad battery connection, or bad connection inside

oooitzalex

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. I bought a new battery and it fixed the problem. If you've had the same battery for a while, it'll start to expand and will mess with your phone. After i popped in the new battery, my phone is workin like new again and hasn't rebooted since then. Before i put the new battery in, my phone was doing all sorts of funky things like getting a full charge and then instantly going to 5% battery. Try a new battery and see if that fixes. I'm almost positive that's the problem. Good luck!:happy3: