1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X problem rebooting with antivirus?

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by skennelly, Dec 4, 2010.

1. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

Just curious. I currently have NETQuin antivirus installed on my DX. I have been having trouble rebooting my phone and sometimes have to pull the battery several times to get the phone to start.

I am rooted, but still stock rom and no themes. This morning I was doing a nandroid backup and my wife got a text from netquin that MY phone might be stolen and that the sim card had been changed.

Is it possible that my problems rebooting are caused by my ANTIVIRUS program???
  2. the5barrons

the5barrons New Member

the dx doesn't have Sim card

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp
  3. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

Excuse me, i meant sdcard.
  4. HelpeRX

HelpeRX New Member

Since you are rooted if you do a format the root will stay so this is what i suggest. Backup everything you need like songs pics. Go to setting SD card unmount format- erase everything. Then go to privacy erase everything and the phone will reset. Now you should just reinstall all your programs google should do it for you when you sign in anyways. I believe that since you started clean with root the anti-virus will be okay with it.
Search tags for this page

netqin antivirus problem restarting