droid x car dock power adaptor

laidback1952

Reaction score
I just purchased a droid x car dock. I've tried connecting the power adaptor but it doesn't show that a connection has been made. I tried connecting the home adapter with same result. Outside of the dock power adaptors work fine. Anyone experienced this issue?

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Battery icon does not show charge when in car dock.

Mine has been working fine, but I decided to go take a closer look before I posted.

I was surprised to see that the battery icon doesn't change to show that it is charging. If you unplug the charger you get a quick pop-up window saying to be sure and disconnect the charger from the car to save power, so it obviously knows it is plugged in. I've been on several hour trips using Navigator and listening to Twit radio, so I know it's getting juice. No way it would last that long on the battery.

Double check yours, but I bet it is working.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Eh, never mind. Just realized the phone is 100% charged. I'll run it down a bit and double check it again in a bit.

. . . . . . about an hour later

Disregard everything i said, except that mine works. Sounds like your unit is bad, if you've got the option return it and get it replaced.

Last edited:
OP
L

laidback1952

Reaction score
thanks. I found the problem. I'm using a hard case and it wouldn't seat properly. Shaved the dock down a bit and everything's good.

Innerchaos

Reaction score
thanks. I found the problem. I'm using a hard case and it wouldn't seat properly. Shaved the dock down a bit and everything's good.

Dock Mods... Niccceeee. you would think they (motorola) would have made the rubberized snap on case/belt clip combo fit right into the car dock.. they are from the same MFG but that would have been too much work probably not cost effective to please everybody lol