Droid X Anti-Glare Protector or No?

jwjones91

Reaction score
I picked up my new X today at VZ and i got the screen protector because..well...its a $600 phone! my concern is the protector distorts the visibility of the screen so i dont get the full enjoyment out of the 4.4in screen. I don't want to scratch the screen but I also want to enjoy the clear crisp screen... your thoughts? its a dumb question i know but i don't want to make the wrong decision.

liferefugee

Reaction score
The anti glare is great if your outside in the sun a lot. If not get just the plain screen protector. Saves the screen and is just clear plastic. It is what I use.

Typed with Swype on my Droid X and sent with Tapatalk.

dweicht31

Reaction score
I have the current VZ anti-glare on now. Distorts the screen a lot. I am waiting for my clear ones to arrive from amazon.

KooLaiDe

Reaction score
Yes to screen protection, much better than scratching your new phone's screen; once it's scratched, you can't go back! I use anti glare because of the sun, I don't think they distort the screen. Plus they help to hide this those gross smudges!:)

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
I've got the anti-glare protector on my X. I don't think it distorts the screen and it really cuts down on the glare outside. Also, I think it makes using Swype easier....my finger glides easier on the anti-glare protector than on the native screen or on a non-glare screen protector.

Power

Reaction score
I'm using Verizon protectors too

I've got the anti-glare protector on my X. I don't think it distorts the screen and it really cuts down on the glare outside. Also, I think it makes using Swype easier....my finger glides easier on the anti-glare protector than on the native screen or on a non-glare screen protector.

I concur. I have the stock ones from Verizon and they work just fine. I've had it on since day 1 but using mine next to a brand new one of another user with no protector I like the VZ just fine and notice no loss in screen clarity. Plus as mentioned Swype seems easier and less "sticky" with the protector verses the stock screen. Price is right (3 for $12). My only gripe is they don't cover the entire edge of the actual 'glass', it only covers the visible areas and not the glass black border around the screen.

hoppyjr

Reaction score
I recommend the Steinheil anti-fingerprint. I use it and find it perfect, no distortion and great fit.

eddiemro

Reaction score
The new anti-glare protectors definitely make the screen look grainy. I bought a X yesterday with the anti-glare and could not stand it. Today I went and got a ZAGG screen protector an I like it much better.

TreyStyles

Reaction score
I had the VZW Anti-Glare protector but switched to Stealth Guards protector. It is FREE for a limited time...only $2.85 with shipping. I couldn't be happier.

The VZW Anti-glare distorted the screen too much, and it doesn't cover all of the glass!!! Imaging if you got a really bad scratch on the exposed glass. I would be annoyed to pieces.

The Stealth Guard covers the entire glass surface and has a nice feel to it. It also doesn't distort the screen at all!

Daali

Reaction score
I had the VZW Anti-Glare protector but switched to Stealth Guards protector. It is FREE for a limited time...only $2.85 with shipping. I couldn't be happier.

The VZW Anti-glare distorted the screen too much, and it doesn't cover all of the glass!!! Imaging if you got a really bad scratch on the exposed glass. I would be annoyed to pieces.

The Stealth Guard covers the entire glass surface and has a nice feel to it. It also doesn't distort the screen at all!

Thanks for the link again, I just ordered a couple sets to try out

milski65

Reaction score
Hey Trey Styles, is that Stealth Guard a dry or wet application? I've never used either, but from what I've seen on the web everybody recommends the wet application. Thanks for the post.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I dunno... day 1 of getting my X, the store popped a non-glare protector on there and it seemed to do fine. A few days later I went to the Verizon store complaining about battery life and they asked why I didn't have the anti-glare protector, so I got that one put on. I kept it on there for 3 months until I decided I wanted to try it without any protector for a bit because I didn't like losing some of the clarity. I've now been using no protector for about a week and I LOVE the feel of the stock screen. It looks so much better and the screen feels slick to me. It's much easier to swype than with the protector. Not that it was difficult before, but I don't really want to go back. I'm scared of harming the screen, but I have that belt clip case thing where the screen faces in anyway, so maybe I don't need one.

hoppyjr

Reaction score
Again I'll say, I didn't like the Verizon protectors at all. The Steinheil / SGP Anti fingerprint is much, much better :)