Droid X and Moto ROKR S9-HD - my first major problem with the X

BMWBig6

Reaction score
I am not having any problems with my DX and ROKO S9-HD's, and almost all of my MP3's are LAME Xtreme VBR (over 128 kbps). I am subscribing to this thread nonetheless though, and hope you get your issues worked out. These headphones sound really good (when working properly of course).

ObiDon

Reaction score
I really wanted to get the S9s... Thanks to Shamus I think I've been spared some grief. Now I'm looking at getting the Jabra Clipper.

PS_110x110_9484.jpg

Don

johaBBa

Reaction score
I just picked up a Celluar Innovations HFBLU-STCL1 after seeing the recommendation here for the Jabra bt3030. I really like the look of the Jabra bt3030, but i wanted something I could pick up at the store and return if I didn't like.

I'm quite happy with the STCL1. They were only $40 at Microcenter near my house. I also picked up some Sony ear buds for $30. I'm trying to get the stock music player and Cubed music player to work with the controls on the STCL1 (a couple of FCs), but it's not a show stopper for me.

The thing I do the most with my DX is listen to music at work. Before I would have my DX on my hip or on my desk. Now I can keep my earbud cable short and clip the STCL1 to my shirt or drop in my shirt pocket.

EDIT: I got the STCL1 to work with TuneWiki. I disabled the media button with Autostarts. The other players will probably work once i re-enable them under Media Button in Autostarts.

OP
shamus

shamus

Reaction score
So far I haven't had a single problem with the Jabras. Really cool design, too.
I don't know what the issue was with the Motos and I still have my refurb pair from Newegg just in case they ever fix it.
I just really don't understand how they could work for some people but not others.

ObiDon

Reaction score
Well I did it. This weekend I popped on over to the Verizon store and picked up the Jabra Clipper. I like that I can use my favorite buds with them. I'm disappointed though that the Droid X does not support any of the DSP settings out through Bluetooth. So the Wide Surround with Bass Punch that I like so much with the standard wired headset is not available through the Bluetooth headset. :dry:

Don

Rjeff33351

Reaction score
I will confirm this as well..this is half the reason why on ipods and iphones apple put out the 128 kb/s option on the sync screen. I myself have the s9 and they cracked on my ipod touch @320..when filtered to 128 worked flawlessly...so now with this back to cracking up

scadilla

Reaction score
I have had similar experiences on both Droid 1 and Droid X. I have these head phones and also a set of Jabra 8010. Most of my mp3s are VBRs. I noticed the problem wasn't so bad if I left the stock player in the foreground. Also I noticed it wasn't so bad when I used an alternate player like Doubletwist. Anybody else have similar experiences?

hjarvis

Reaction score
did this get resolved..?

I have an HTC Eris and am experiencing the same issues with my new S9 HD's.

I have a very large and eclectic collection of mp3's and would not be surprised to hear some are over the 128kps rate that is predicted to be the problem.

Has this skipping problem been finally resolved..?

Should I reformat the mp3's..? (and if so, what's the easiest way... )

I'd appreciate advice. Thanks!

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
Have you tried playback using a different media player programs?

While I am using a cheap rocketfish headset and not a moto, I had all sorts of choppiness issues with music over bluetooth with the default android player on froyo. I switched players to doubletwist and all my issues went away. Amazon mp3 hasn't given me any problems either, the couple of times I tried it.

(I haven't tried the default player on Gingerbread yet, but I hope it runs smoother than froyo.)

hjarvis

Reaction score
I was using MixZing, which most people recommend.

I've now tried another player, DoubleTwist, that has great ratings. Same problem.

jmorton10

Reaction score
It's not a software problem, I have both MixZing Pro & the paid version of PowerAmp.

Any 320 encoded mp3 is completely unplayable with my S9 HD's, the same files play great through my Ultimate Ears earbuds.

~John

hjarvis

Reaction score
John, by 320 encoded, do you mean the bitrate..?

(ps. my WMA's also skip.)

hjarvis

Reaction score
I am beginning to suspect the 'skipping' is an interruption due to all the (cr)apps that Verizon has running constantly on my poor phone. Just a suspicion. When I check my app-killer, there is "nothing" running, which si clearly a lie. It may be overzealous synching by my task-minder. I'll turn that off tomorrow.

jmorton10

Reaction score
~John

I am beginning to suspect the 'skipping' is an interruption due to all the (cr)apps that Verizon has running constantly on my poor phone. .

I don't think that's it, mine is rooted & I got rid of all the "crapware"

Yes, I meant the bitrate when I said 320. Files ripped at 128 play fine, rips at 320 don't unless I use the Ultimate Ears.

~John