Droid X 3G/Wi-Fi question

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
When the X comes within range of a wifi output, does it automatically switch from 3G? If it does, then does 3G shutoff? Just looking for a way to conserve battery now and later if the unlimited data plan is changed.

Balthazar B

Reaction score
If it's like most every other smartphone in existence, both radios will stay up, although WiFi will be preferred as the communication mechanism (except for apps that are hardwired to operate over mobile broadband). There are numerous widgets to make turning mobile broadband on and off very easy, but I'm not aware of one that will do it automatically.

paulhusker

Reaction score
Questions to DroidX owners: Does the X already have the 3G wifi hotspot on it or is that coming later in an update? I saw a web ad for the X and it was talking about the wifi hotspot capabilities.

Also, if that wifit hotspot is on the phone now, is Verizon charging extra to use that option?

Thanks

xanbx08

Reaction score
Questions to DroidX owners: Does the X already have the 3G wifi hotspot on it or is that coming later in an update? I saw a web ad for the X and it was talking about the wifi hotspot capabilities.

Also, if that wifit hotspot is on the phone now, is Verizon charging extra to use that option?

Thanks
Yes, mobile hotspot comes on the X and Verizon charges $20 a month to use it.

admiralkymia

Reaction score
Droid Hotspot Data

Does the application block you if you don't have the plan or does it activate then charge you?