Droid X 2GB Micro SD

Sibz

Reaction score
I am recieving my Droid X this week after having the Droid for a little over a year and a half. The Micro SD in my Droid is a 16GB card, and the one coming with my X is only a 2GB, if I understand the packaging correctly.

My question is this:
Can I just take my 16GB card out of my Droid and put it in my X? If I can, should I?

If I do, what would that get me?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
My question is this:
Can I just take my 16GB card out of my Droid and put it in my X? If I can, should I?

If I do, what would that get me?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Yes, it'll get you 14 more gigs of storage.....

OP
S

Sibz

Reaction score
I will take the comments here as a "Yes, go ahead and do it. It won't hurt your X at all"

turdbogls

Reaction score
it will work no problem...keep in mind, any backups you have on your 16GB card from the OG droid may or may not work on the DX. just to be safe, i would backup everyting on the SD card to a computer, then format the SD and go from there.

thats just me tho :)

detroitwilly

Reaction score
I'm doing an insurance claim through Assurion due to my phone getting water damaged. The phone was totally submerged under water yesterday. The weird thing is, only the camera and the top button stopped working. The phone still works perfectly other than that. They told me that they are out of stock of my phone (droid x) and will be sending me the Droid x 2gb.

By reading this thread I now know what this means.

Do you think I should send them the phone back without a memory card and just continure to use the 16gb card?

Do you think they will make a stink out of that?

rudydroid

Reaction score
two things:
by all means, copy the first card to computer, then install the 16 gig.

don't send the larger sd card to the insurance company. if they say anything, point out the size difference. they should be understanding.

Beka27

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the SD card was yours... period. Isn't that the point when having to swap a phone... you can keep your original SD card to put your stuff on your new phone?

danielkr

Reaction score
Return it

return it and get the certified pre-owned it comes with 16GB just like they all used to, I did and it is in, by all appearances, pristine condition except that when I started it for the first time there was no activation wizard.

Thats ok it brought me here and after I learned how to wipe I started exploring much much more...

9wire

Reaction score
I had a 32 gig in my OG Droid, put it directly into my x when I got it and restored my apps with Titanium. On the card thing, that's why I have a couple spare 16 gig cards put away, I keep them. Nobody ever said a word.