Droid Wont Connect to Computer

Jokerz

Reaction score
When i plug my droid into my computer using the usb cable nothing happens. I have the new sholesmod 2.0.3 and im wondering if thats why it wont let me connect my phone to my computer. any suggestions?

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
I tried it on 2 computers 1 with vista and 1 with XP

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oooooh....that's not good and also not what I expected you to say....lol

People were having trouble with W7 and I did too one time but it just stopped suddenly and everything was fine

But have you tried a battery pull or rebooting your phone?

joeymoose

Reaction score
Did you pull down the notification bar and turn on usb storage, mount phone?

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
thats the thing lol it like my phone doesnt even recognize that its connected to the computer. nothing comes up on my notification bar at all

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
yea i did a battery pull. do you think its because i put sholesmod on my phone?

zudien

Reaction score
WAY too many variables here.

First makes sure you USB port is good by plugging something else into it (jumpdrive or other USB Flash drive).

If that works check your cable. See if you have something else that has a Micro USB connection and try to plug that in.

If that comes back with negative results, try another MicroUSB cable and with your droid.

If thats negative come back and see us.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure really......

Try reflashing the Sholes ROM again....just do the exact same thing you did the first time

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
checked the usb port on my computer and it was good. checked the usb cable and it was good.

reggin

Reaction score
This happened to me too, and that's why I went with BB 0.7.4

The very first time I plugged the phone to the computer it worked. The next time it didn't.

joeymoose

Reaction score
I think he is saying the Cord and port are not the problems.... Don't know man, weird.

zudien

Reaction score
checked the usb port on my computer and it was good. checked the usb cable and it was good.

Well now we know it's software problem and not a hardware problem (on the host computer end).

Plug in your droid to your computer and then open up device manager (I am assuming you are using Windows XP or later) in windows and see if your droid in there under one of the USB hosts.

If it is check the driver under properties.

If it's not showing up I personally would go back to stock to see if that works and then reflash back to the most current sholesmod (2.0.5 was just released).

It sounds like you have already done a battery pull (with the power on) and a reboot. That personally clears up 99% of my problems.