Droid will not turn on...

BloodyChamp

Reaction score
...after a few days of inactivity, and the inactivity was because it wasn't working in spite of the fact that it would turn on. It would turn on but get stuck on the rotating logo screen then never make it to the home screen. I've since gotten a new phone but would like to get my pictures from the old phone. The phone won't come up on my laptop anymore either. Could I take this to a repair shop and have them somehow get the pictures onto a USB stick via the internal drive once they take the phone apart?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well... If it's indeed a droid razr and your pics were saved to the SD card.. Just pop out the SD card and put it in a sleeve and pop it in your pc.. Now... If your pics are NOT on the SD card... Um... Well.. Unless they're backed up to a cloud.. It sounds like they're lost...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If the phone won't turn on at all, it may be that the battery has depleted, however even with a full battery you weren't able to get past the spinning logo screen so it was already suffering from boot problems. You may be able to get the battery charged, then get into the recovery screen and you might be able to do a reset without wipe in order to get the phone working again. Once recovered, you should be able to connect to the PC and dump the pics.

Alternatively you may be better flashing a copy of the OS to the phone using Fastboot. Matt Groff has the Droid RAZR Utility. This is one way. ( TOOLS - DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows Mac Linux All In One Android Forum at DroidForums.net). Here's another; (*Restore Your Motorola Droid RAZR from Bootloop Using Fastboot Files DroidViews). Either way, you'll need to get the phone working before you can pull the pics.

There are LOTS of people here who are skilled in getting the Droid RAZR back in working order. I will give this thread maybe to the end of this evening by the time someone has taken you under their wing and showed you the way.

Last edited: