Droid Turbo 2 Won't Charge, Battery now dead

Xogane

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My Droid Turbo 2 will no longer charge and the battery is now dead. I cannot start the phone up (blank screen) and pressing the power button + volume up/down doesn't do anything. I have tried to plug it into my computer using a USB cable which did not pick up the phone and did not charge it. I have also been using the charger that came with the phone but that charger doesn't work either. Help!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the forum. Have you contacted Moto or Verizon? There is a long thread on the Moto forum about this very issue. I have had to return 2 Turbo 2's to Moto for replacement for the stop charging issue. I'm not bashing the phone, I still believe it's a great phone. Buy some do develop issues with the charging port / charging circuit and the only option is a warranty replacement.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
X

Xogane

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the forum. Have you contacted Moto or Verizon? There is a long thread on the Moto forum about this very issue. I have had to return 2 Turbo 2's to Moto for replacement for the stop charging issue. I'm not bashing the phone, I still believe it's a great phone. Buy some do develop issues with the charging port / charging circuit and the only option is a warranty replacement.

No, I have not, but I will now. I will update you with what they respond with.

OP
X

Xogane

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have contacted Motorola and have not received a response but a few minutes ago I believe my phone has begun charging. However, on the screen, it shows a fastboot screen. Included on the green is a green start button that does nothing when i press the power button once, and a red message saying the battery is low. Does that mean the phone is charging, or would it indicate that?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It sounds like it is charging very slowly. In both of my cases, the phone would charge slowly if I postioned the cable just right, wiggled it, etc and found the right spot where everything was making contact. Then if I didn't bump it or touch it, the phone would charge slowly. You might be able to do the same and get a charge on it so you can use it until you here from them. Do you have, or know anyone, with a wireless charger?

OP
X

Xogane

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It sounds like it is charging very slowly. In both of my cases, the phone would charge slowly if I postioned the cable just right, wiggled it, etc and found the right spot where everything was making contact. Then if I didn't bump it or touch it, the phone would charge slowly. You might be able to do the same and get a charge on it so you can use it until you here from them. Do you have, or know anyone, with a wireless charger?

This sounds exactly like my case. Sadly, no I do not know anyone with a wireless charger.

OP
X

Xogane

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Update: Instead of showing the fastboot screen it shows a battery icon that is indicating low battery.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Then I would suggest leaving it alone and see if it charges for a few hours. Sorry to hear about this, after being through it twice myself the only option is a new / replacement phone.

OP
X

Xogane

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Right now there is a flashing green light at the top, does that mean it is charging?

wcjeep

Reaction score
I tested a friend's Turbo 2 on my in vehicle QI charger. Worked. Be sure it's QI.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have used several Turbo 2's on different wireless chargers. As wcjeep said, make sure they are Qi and you should be OK.

OP
X

Xogane

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have not yet tested a wireless charger but a few minutes ago I plugged my phone back into the turbocharger and it is now charging! I am not sure why it has only just now started working but the phone is picking up the turbocharger and is charging.

OP
X

Xogane

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The phone is no longer charging and the phone is extremely hot! help!