droid to pc problems

fireresq1400

Reaction score
The past few days I've been having trouble connecting the droid to my pc. I usually charge my droid with my pc and now i cant even do that. I tried downloading the drivers and i know the usb ports are working and the usb cord works fine too. Help would be greatly appreciated and im new to this forum.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

I'm going to need a bit more detail. How do you know the USB cable works? Can you transfer files to the PC and back? Are you rooted? Running any tethering apps like PDA Net or EasyTether?

OP
F

fireresq1400

Reaction score
I use the cable to charge the phone using the included usb wall plug, no im not rooted and i have easy tether downloaded but i reset the handset so its not activated

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Have you rebooted the computer? I have to do it that if the drivers confuse the system and I lose the ability to charge and/or communicate via USB with the phone.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Does the PC recognize the phone at all when it's plugged in? Have you tried other USB ports? Have you tried the phone in another computer? Have you tried other USB devices in the USB ports?

OP
F

fireresq1400

Reaction score
the only place it shows up is in device manager. other usb devices work on all the usb ports and i tried the phone on all of them as well but i haven't tried a different pc

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, try a different PC. If you have no problems with it then I'd say you probably have corrupted drivers and should uninstall them.

Is the Easy Tether program running on the PC after the reboot? If so, try quitting it and see if it helps. If it does, that's your problem right there, obviously. If not, you've lost like 45 seconds of your life. :)

OP
F

fireresq1400

Reaction score
well i already uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them and i just quit the easy tether and still nothing

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. I'm officially stumped. I'd look to see if you can use it on another computer, because if you can then there's an issue with your OS rather than the phone.

And I have zero experience with Win7.

OP
F

fireresq1400

Reaction score
yea i just tried it on my parents comp and it works...i think im just going to reformat my laptop and see it it works