Droid to Milestone

Shikaroka

Reaction score
Is there anyway I can make my Droid into a Milestone?

I believe that's what I need to do to get the Droid to work on nTelos' system (CDMA).
Anyone here have experience with nTelos Wireless?

OP
S

Shikaroka

Reaction score
How different?
They appear very similar.

I am trying to use a Verizon Droid on my nTelos account. I have used Verizon phones on my nTelos account before. They are telling me that the phone will work, but the data and such will not.
I am tyring to figure out if it's a software issue and if running the Milestone ROM will address this. nTelos sells Milestones.

JustisLewis

Reaction score
The milestone isn't simply a rom, it runs slightly different hardware.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
S

Shikaroka

Reaction score
Hmmm....

Does it make any sense that a Milestone would work on the nTelos system, but the Droid would not? Are they that different?

Last2No

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it does, the Milestone is a GSM phone while the OG Droid is CDMA only.

I hate to reply so late, but you need to research before you post. Alltel released the CDMA Milestone 9/2010. It is exactly the same as the Verizon Droid 1 and does run the same Roms.

OP
S

Shikaroka

Reaction score
I hate to reply so late, but you need to research before you post. Alltel released the CDMA Milestone 9/2010. It is exactly the same as the Verizon Droid 1 and does run the same Roms.

Really? Does that mean it's possible for me to get a Droid to work on the nTelos system? I belive Alltel and nTelos are very similar.