Droid X(Verizon) to Milestone X(nTelos)

nightguy13

Reaction score
First off, I don't want to sound like a tool BUT I am simply posting this question(s) because I am completely "noob" to the whole phone scene... I do knot know the lingo or shorthand so bare with me please.

I use nTelos as my carrier for my phone ATM. I have the HTC Hero right now and I want to upgrade my phone but... My contract isn't up for another year. The phone I want (Milestone X; Droid X) is 500 dollars... Which is out of my price range.

I was wondering if it was possible (since nTelos recently added Milestone X to their inventory) to buy a Droid X off eBay and have it converted to nTelos firmware(software, whatever).

If possible, I am asking would whomever knows how to do it, explain the process so I can understand it better. I don't want to waste my money and not be able to understand the process even if it does work.

Thanks in advance, I greatly appreciate it. :)dancedroid

em1

Reaction score
Yes you can. Since the Milestone X is the Droid X unbranded, nTelos will flash their PRL and other software onto it. Call nTelos and ask if it's possible but as far as I know it is. I mean the people on nTelosDroid.com talks about it all the time so

OP
N

nightguy13

Reaction score
I called the 611 hotline and spoke with a lady... She really didn't seem to know what she was talking about but she told me that, if I wanted an android phone from nTelos, I would have to buy it from them. She said the best chance of getting a phone flashed over was using a phone from Verizon, but she said they didn't have the software to do the flash on android devices because of copyright issues from Verizon... but I see people using like.. evo4g working 100% with nTelos, I'm just wondering how they are getting their stuff flashed over when I can't even get a phone that nTelos actually has... flashed over lol...

I'm a complete noob when it comes to this stuff, so that could be where I'm missing out on stuff... but still, it seems pretty obvious, maybe that lady was just making me buy a full priced phone from nTelos? I don't know...

em1

Reaction score
No you can do it. They have a piece of software that they can do it with. Call tech support.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

ted3ma1

Reaction score
chad

I called the 611 hotline and spoke with a lady... She really didn't seem to know what she was talking about but she told me that, if I wanted an android phone from nTelos, I would have to buy it from them. She said the best chance of getting a phone flashed over was using a phone from Verizon, but she said they didn't have the software to do the flash on android devices because of copyright issues from Verizon... but I see people using like.. evo4g working 100% with nTelos, I'm just wondering how they are getting their stuff flashed over when I can't even get a phone that nTelos actually has... flashed over lol...

I'm a complete noob when it comes to this stuff, so that could be where I'm missing out on stuff... but still, it seems pretty obvious, maybe that lady was just making me buy a full priced phone from nTelos? I don't know...

yes flash 2 talk there should be a store nere yougo to flash to talk .com