Droid taking forever to charge and running hot

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what is going on here but when I plugged in my phone last night I noticed the cpu temp was staying at like 120 which is starting to get on the hot side. It stayed between 110 and 120 the whole night and the battery temp stayed around 100. These are both rare numbers most of the time they are about 30 degrees lower. Also after being plugged in for about 10 hours my phone has only charged from 40 to 80 percent. I tried the old battery pull technique to no avail. I have not downloaded any apps recently so I know that is not it. My cpu does not appear to be running max potential. It drops down to 250 when idle which is where I have my profiles set. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what is going on here but when I plugged in my phone last night I noticed the cpu temp was staying at like 120 which is starting to get on the hot side. It stayed between 110 and 120 the whole night and the battery temp stayed around 100. These are both rare numbers most of the time they are about 30 degrees lower. Also after being plugged in for about 10 hours my phone has only charged from 40 to 80 percent. I tried the old battery pull technique to no avail. I have not downloaded any apps recently so I know that is not it. My cpu does not appear to be running max potential. It drops down to 250 when idle which is where I have my profiles set. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Double check your profiles? Make sure you have charging also on 250. I know idle should take over, but something is running to make your phone hot like that.

Do you have it set for performance? You may want to set it at on demand. Mine runs quite well that way and does great in quadrant test.

drunkalien6

Reaction score
Yes if your phone is running hot, it could be downloading something constantly or the CPU is on full load or close to it, constantly. Try taking the battery out of the phone, and putting it back in, restarting it.

If that doesn't try using task killer.

ChugIt

Reaction score
It is possible the battery is going bad. I would almost go as far as to say probable. If you haven't done anything different and it just started doing that I say it is a battery issue. I suggest trying a new battery if what hookbill said to do doesn't work. I had a bad battery on my old env2 that did pretty much the same thing. I got a new battery for it and never had that issue again.

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I always keep it on demand. All profiles are set properly. Now that I have it unplugged it is running perfectly fine again. Temps back to normal.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

erikfig

Reaction score
Download Juice defender from te marked.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

drunkalien6

Reaction score
Something to also try would be go to Settings > Battery Manger > Battery use, and that will tell you exactly what is using up the battery.