Droid stuck looking for service :( HELP!!

Brewski88

Reaction score
Right now, my phone won't connect to anything. It was working perfectly this morning - then all of a sudden it loses connection. The bars that are usually green have an X through them, and none of the apps that require the net work.

I can't figure out how to turn them on. Will I have to hard reset my phone? Will that even do anything? I've even taken the battery out - to no avail.

Any ideas? I feel lost that I can't use my phone :(

I posted this on another thread - but wasn't sure how to delete it. I don't think it was supposed to go there.

OP
B

Brewski88

Reaction score
I tried a hard reset.

At first there was no signal - then, I got a couple bars with a triangle - then I had to make the activation call.... so far so good. It's rebooting now...

Last edited:

toddegreene

Reaction score
Are you sure your bill is paid? Also go menu->settings->wireless & networks. Make sure airplane mode is unchecked.

OP
B

Brewski88

Reaction score
Are you sure your bill is paid? Also go menu->settings->wireless & networks. Make sure airplane mode is unchecked.

Yep, bill isn't due until the 27th, but it's already paid off. I'm able to get the 3G connection now. And I had airplane mode on and off because of a post I read for known issues, etc. Didn't work. After the hard reset I was able to get the connection back. Not sure what the heck was going on. Luckily I use AppBrain so I can resync all my apps! :icon_ banana:

OP
B

Brewski88

Reaction score
SOB!

This is happening again! wtf? Good thing I backed up all my apps yesterday in preparation for the new OS - which I still haven't gotten :(

Anyone have any clue as to wtf is going on? It's like I wake up in the morning and the phone is continuously looking for service, and every single startup app force closes. I had to clear my phone for the 3rd time today.

:icon_evil:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate to suggest this, but have you tried being in another location? It's possible that the cell tower is down for repair and your phone would work somewhere else.

OP
B

Brewski88

Reaction score
I hate to suggest this, but have you tried being in another location? It's possible that the cell tower is down for repair and your phone would work somewhere else.

Well I tried it at home,and work, which is 15 miles away - still didn't work. A coworker who also has Verizon says her phone is doing just fine.

It seems that a hard reset fixes the problem - but i hate losing all my stuff and settings.