1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid shows connection to WiFi, but no go

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by pdpotter, Dec 8, 2009.

1. pdpotter

pdpotter New Member

My Droid shows I am connected to my home's WiFi, but I am unable to browse or use the Market unless I turn off WiFi and use 3G.

Help???
  2. Trever1t

Trever1t New Member

Covered in a few threads...are you using WPA2? AES? Some have found switching to TKIP alloweed them to connect. All I had to do was restart my wireless router and bingo!
  3. pdpotter

pdpotter New Member

Thanks.

Thanks, Trevor1T. That worked. I had noticed this problem before, but ignored it and switched back to 3G. Then I purchased Missing Sync for Android/Mac, which depends on a WiFi connection.

Good to go now. :)
  4. Trever1t

Trever1t New Member

glad it worked ;)
  5. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

just found this thread among others about the wifi problem.....i have the same problem as the op.....is the switch from wpa2 aes to tkip a definite fix for the connection issue ? i have 2 laptops, a pc and a PS3 that share the connection.....with a wireless printer on the way.....i hope i wont have connection problems with the PS3 or wireless printer if i change to tkip.......
  6. ralerick

ralerick New Member

Wi-fi

I re-set my router, with no luck connecting. I have a wpa2 set up right now. I go other places and my Moto Droid works fine with wpa and wpa2, just not at home. What setting may I have wrong?
  7. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

did you read thru this thread ? it apparently has to do with the type of WPA2 security....

i for one want to be sure that switching from AES to TKIP is a resolution to the problem....
  8. jzmotodroid

jzmotodroid New Member

droid eris does not recognize some modem's 802.11n signal if set security at WPA2. setting the security to WPA or turning signals to b/g solve the problems.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  9. ralerick

ralerick New Member

I will try these, LOVE the Droid! But why would they make a wifi device not compatible with WPA-2? This is a standard that has been out for some time now.:motdroidvert:
  10. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

wifi just pissed me off on this phone....they included it as a selling point but it's a BIG fail.....

still awaiting on a dead-on yes/no with respect to this being a hardware issue or software issue.....
  11. ralerick

ralerick New Member

wi-fi

The wi-fi works fine. I had to change my settings to TKIP on my router. I was afraid I would have to then go back and set up my network on all my other wi-fi enabled gadgets. Turns out that I changed the setting and they all recognized it, INCLUDING THE DROID.
  12. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

i don't see any reason to degrade the security tier of the connection from AES to TKIP in order to be able to share the connection with the phone. i mean, is the phone hardware that lacking that it can't handle AES reliably ?

these days, it's only a matter of time before TKIP doesn't cut it to keep the everyday driveby wifi snooper from breaking and entering.
Search tags for this page

droid 2 unable to connect wifi

droid 3 global will not connect to wifi without 3g

droid 4 updated now no wifi connection

droid x shows wifi but drops signal

how to fix motorola android wifi phone connectivity

motorola droid x wi fi connection not showing

my droid shows no wifi

phone shows no connection when it is using wifi

wifi droid