Droid shows connection to WiFi, but no go

pdpotter

Reaction score
My Droid shows I am connected to my home's WiFi, but I am unable to browse or use the Market unless I turn off WiFi and use 3G.

Help???

Trever1t

Reaction score
Covered in a few threads...are you using WPA2? AES? Some have found switching to TKIP alloweed them to connect. All I had to do was restart my wireless router and bingo!

OP
P

pdpotter

Reaction score
Thanks.

Thanks, Trevor1T. That worked. I had noticed this problem before, but ignored it and switched back to 3G. Then I purchased Missing Sync for Android/Mac, which depends on a WiFi connection.

Good to go now. :)

zero7404

Reaction score
just found this thread among others about the wifi problem.....i have the same problem as the op.....is the switch from wpa2 aes to tkip a definite fix for the connection issue ? i have 2 laptops, a pc and a PS3 that share the connection.....with a wireless printer on the way.....i hope i wont have connection problems with the PS3 or wireless printer if i change to tkip.......

ralerick

Reaction score
Wi-fi

I re-set my router, with no luck connecting. I have a wpa2 set up right now. I go other places and my Moto Droid works fine with wpa and wpa2, just not at home. What setting may I have wrong?

zero7404

Reaction score
I re-set my router, with no luck connecting. I have a wpa2 set up right now. I go other places and my Moto Droid works fine with wpa and wpa2, just not at home. What setting may I have wrong?

did you read thru this thread ? it apparently has to do with the type of WPA2 security....

i for one want to be sure that switching from AES to TKIP is a resolution to the problem....

jzmotodroid

Reaction score
droid eris does not recognize some modem's 802.11n signal if set security at WPA2. setting the security to WPA or turning signals to b/g solve the problems.

Last edited:

ralerick

Reaction score
I will try these, LOVE the Droid! But why would they make a wifi device not compatible with WPA-2? This is a standard that has been out for some time now.:motdroidvert:

zero7404

Reaction score
wifi just pissed me off on this phone....they included it as a selling point but it's a BIG fail.....

still awaiting on a dead-on yes/no with respect to this being a hardware issue or software issue.....

ralerick

Reaction score
wi-fi

The wi-fi works fine. I had to change my settings to TKIP on my router. I was afraid I would have to then go back and set up my network on all my other wi-fi enabled gadgets. Turns out that I changed the setting and they all recognized it, INCLUDING THE DROID.

zero7404

Reaction score
i don't see any reason to degrade the security tier of the connection from AES to TKIP in order to be able to share the connection with the phone. i mean, is the phone hardware that lacking that it can't handle AES reliably ?

these days, it's only a matter of time before TKIP doesn't cut it to keep the everyday driveby wifi snooper from breaking and entering.