Droid screen is blank

daryuujin

Reaction score
I was using my droid all day today texting and it was working just fine, then suddenly I felt my phone go off again and when i went to check it I couldnt get anything to some up on the screen when i pressed the unlock button. The back Light would come on (as well as the back,menu,home and search buttons) but My phone wont show anything.

I took the battery out and let it sit for a min and tried to reboot my phone..still nothing, I have also tried to turn it on while the SD card was out.

odd thing is after I turn my phone back on and wait a few min If i press the unlock button everything will light up (still nothing on the screen) and if i press it again the lights go away and It seems I am receiving text messages because my phone will vibrate and play a default text message notification

Also one very odd thing i dont know if its related when I signed into gmail today it notified me i may wanna change my email because an IP adress from china accessed my account...

hairdewx

Reaction score
The same thing happened to my wifes phone today...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Rubric

Reaction score
Same behavior happened w/my first Droid. But that was after it fell off my nightstand. I've dropped it from twice that hight before and it held up but a simple fall screwed something up. It still functions. Receives messages, calls, haptic feedback when unlocking, etc... But the display is just black.

Bought a used one off Ebay shortly after. Hoping to get the old one working again. I'm more than likely screwed, but if anyone has an idea please share.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is it still in warranty? Do you have insurance? Its unlikely that it was hacked since calls and messages still work.

I was using my droid all day today texting and it was working just fine, then suddenly I felt my phone go off again and when i went to check it I couldnt get anything to some up on the screen when i pressed the unlock button. The back Light would come on (as well as the back,menu,home and search buttons) but My phone wont show anything.

I took the battery out and let it sit for a min and tried to reboot my phone..still nothing, I have also tried to turn it on while the SD card was out.

odd thing is after I turn my phone back on and wait a few min If i press the unlock button everything will light up (still nothing on the screen) and if i press it again the lights go away and It seems I am receiving text messages because my phone will vibrate and play a default text message notification

Also one very odd thing i dont know if its related when I signed into gmail today it notified me i may wanna change my email because an IP adress from china accessed my account...

DroidForums junkie!