Droid replacement

luisdroid

Reaction score
So heres the story, im on my first replacement(second droid) and i just had to call verizon CS about 30 min ago to get another. well, i heard that they MIGHT replace with something newer(droid incredible, droid2)? im not really complaining about my droid, but a free upgrade would be :icon_ banana:<----
So my question is, has this happened to many people here? or what are the chances of this happening? Thanks for any help:)

tommyb38

Reaction score
So heres the story, im on my first replacement(second droid) and i just had to call verizon CS about 30 min ago to get another. well, i heard that they MIGHT replace with something newer(droid incredible, droid2)? im not really complaining about my droid, but a free upgrade would be :icon_ banana:<----
So my question is, has this happened to many people here? or what are the chances of this happening? Thanks for any help:)

Last I knew there were over 13000 replacements in the warehouse ready to be shipped. I suppose there is still a chance you would get something other than a droid 1, but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath on it.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just had to send my phone back and got my replacement today and I have to say if I didn't know better they sent me a brand new droid 1. The thing is in perfect condition. Couldn't be happier with it!

tracfour

Reaction score
Droid X

I had a Droid, called they sent me a replacement that was bad. I called back and asked if they would consider a Droid X since this was the third Droid. That was before the store even had them. The rep told me yes but I would have to pay for a battery. I told him I would if you could get me a I would by a battery. When he checked he had no batteries in for the x because it was too new, but he told me he would keep a watch out for a few days before we went ahead to send another Droid. I called back a few days later, got another Rep, who said the batteries were in, and he sent me a new X at no charge for the X or the batterie. So it all depends on who you get. Good luck.

Reaction score
I got a replacement Droid 1 a couple of days ago. It is in good shape but it is an obvious referb.

xliderider

Reaction score
I had a Droid, called they sent me a replacement that was bad. I called back and asked if they would consider a Droid X since this was the third Droid. That was before the store even had them. The rep told me yes but I would have to pay for a battery. I told him I would if you could get me a I would by a battery. When he checked he had no batteries in for the x because it was too new, but he told me he would keep a watch out for a few days before we went ahead to send another Droid. I called back a few days later, got another Rep, who said the batteries were in, and he sent me a new X at no charge for the X or the batterie. So it all depends on who you get. Good luck.

If you had to get the battery separately, then it's a refurbished X not new. But then again, a Droid 1 would've been a refurbished one as well. ;)

Reaction score
This is gonna sound crazy but I am on my 6th D1. I LOVE the phone but I must have terrible luck because there is always something wrong. Today they said would either send me a D2 or a DX - my choice. Which one should I go with and why?

OP
L

luisdroid

Reaction score
This is gonna sound crazy but I am on my 6th D1. I LOVE the phone but I must have terrible luck because there is always something wrong. Today they said would either send me a D2 or a DX - my choice. Which one should I go with and why?

well, what i would do in your position is think of all the things you would mainly use it for and see which device fulfills those needs. try going to verizon and do the compare option to start.Set Your Location
http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010...48e28a1cfcc2c_Droid2vsDroidXvsDroidIncred.jpg

Last edited:

xliderider

Reaction score
I went with the X for the larger screen and no keyboard.

I never use the keyboarD1on my D1. If you use the keyboard on your D1, you might want to get the D2.