Droid Razr with OFFICIAL ICS

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Is the webtop beta 3 out as an apk yet? Apparently that's on the device?

Even if it IS (I don't think it is, FTR) official ICS, it sketches me out that he won't give out the info to check the ESN before you buy it. You're just supposed to 'trust him' (I loled when he wrote that in the description.)

Last edited:

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I also inquired about it:

ME: ICS has not been released to the community. Where did this phone come from and what is the Serial/MEID number?

Reply: Dear huskur,

Hello,

What Community? This is the Motorola Blur ICS Official 4.0.3 Leaked Build.
This was my personal phone that i purchased from Best Buy.

I will NOT give you my Serial/IMEI number. If you have a question about something please let me know.

Thanks for your interest.

- rnd-sales

Me: Community being android and other Razr devices. The description says "new unopened". That is false advertisement in the raw. This phone has root and has been hacked which neither is in your listing. That is very important to novice users.

Reply: Dear huskur,

phone is not rooted and if you know anything about android and motorola razrs then you would know that you do not need to root a current gingerbread moto phone to upgrade to ics because it is the moto signed ics. i am a android dev and have close ties to moto execs.

the phone is new "unopened" well obviously the phone is out of the box you can see that in the auction photos.

thanks for your interest in the phone if you do not intend to bid please stop emailing me.

- rnd-sales

Well was it his personal phone or is it new. He can't even get that right!!

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I couldn't let some unknowing person buy this phone... the bidding has gone up since I first looked at it. I reported it to eBay. If the seller was being truthful in the description and someone wants to buy a used phone with a leaked ICS fine... but ya know some newbie is going to jump at it thinking they are getting one up on everyone and waste their money and or end up with a brink because this eBayer did something funky to it.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Glad you reported it, though it's still up for bid (there have been 17 bids on it so far). It's obviously just a rooted RAZR with the leak on it. I thought the leak also knocked you off the upgrade path, so the guy who buys it won't be able to upgrade to official, right? Boohiss. Curious that he's got all positive reviews for his other auctions.

Reaction score
If they refuse to give the imeid number most likely stolen

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
It clearly states os 2.3.5 in the main header, which is it?

Someone needs to bid 2k with a bogus account.... oops!

----posted maxx'ed out----

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
just curious how you categorized in while reporting?

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I reported it a second time, after I got an email survey on it. I just didn't feel the first rep understood what I was saying. The second rep seem to really understand... I said reported the email to me that it was a leaked and would root, that he emailed (I said a friend) that he was close to Motorola and it was his personal phone (how is a personal phone new?) I explained that a newbie or over zealous person, or a dumb teenager could jump on it thinking it was what he said it was 'Official' without asking questions, and I also said there is NO official release yet. The rep asked me to explain what ICS meant (i think he was testing if I knew cuz he seemed to understand it all very well) and I compared it to someone downloading a ripped version of Win 7 on a Win 98 computer.

He said he would try and push it through the channels to get something to happen before the auction ends but they get so many complaints a day that some slip through. He also said he wished more people would take the time to complain when there are issues so that new buyers don't get a bad taste first time out or it doesn't sour a regular buyer.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
just curious how you categorized in while reporting?

I went with this one:

Copyright and trademark -> Other copyright and trademark concerns -> Beta software, test software, or evaluation software.

I couldn't find a full path that seemed right for inaccurate listing information. Anyone find another way that might be more appropriate?

And they don't give you a comment box to attempt to explain anything, so it's difficult to properly report something in that manner.

Last edited:

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I called it in because I couldn't find the proper category... here is the link (I hope) with a phone number, it took me forever to find this link but you need a code number that only lasts for 15 mins... steps I took to find the number..

Customer Support > Contact eBay tab>Account>Report A Member>Other> Call Us

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I sent him a message and took the angle of "hey listen, you've got a great reputation on here, I'd hate to see you mess it up with this phone..." and then explained what has probably already been told to him 20 times. :) We'll see if he responds!

Reaction score
I definitely feel sorry for whomever buys it. They may be happy at first but when they find that the official ics build is pushed and its not what he or she has, they will be behind the power curve and need to learn how to sbf.

I don't have a problem with him calling it new because perhaps he bought it brand new with the sole intention of installing the ics leak and selling it. It would have only been turned on once and never actually used our carried around.

As for his claim of it never being rooted. Less likely to believe but I suppose it is possible that someone out there found a way to sideload the leak without root.

The most glaring problem is that while he admits it is the leak in his emails, the post on eBay does not admit it is a leak. He claims it to be the final official build. Of course we all know this is not true since the pictures he included show that he is on the same leak many of us are on. Webtop is still in beta, and there are still some performance bugs with this build so it is obviously not the final build.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Last edited: