Droid Razr Speaker will not function after ICS upgrade

Sigma616

Reaction score
Hello All!

Today I got the Droid Razr ICS update! I was having so much fun, until I got a phone call!

My speaker has stopped working, (It worked fine hours ago when I was still using GB) The Headphones and Bluetooth still send sound, but Not the speaker, no ringtone, no alerts, no music no Speaker phone!

I have tried a Factory Reset, manually manipulating the volume controls, a Hard Reset, Praying to Heathen Gods, Contacting Motorola and Contacting Verizon to no avail!

I was tempted to try and flash Back to GB with RSD lite, but without a charge only mode, RSD lite can't see my RAZR!

Any Tips or advice anyone can offer would be most appreciated!

~Sigma616

pittcrew1

Reaction score
Your not alone

I have gotten it to work some of the time by disabling Bluetooth or tweaking the settings of the BT. But I haven't been able to pin point the real problem yet.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I noticed mine did this last night, wouldn't play anything from the external speakers. A hard reset fixed it though, not sure if it will come back or not (hoping not).

Last edited:

arniep

Reaction score
Me too. Droid Razr speaker dead

My phone automatically installed ICS (Verizon) a few days ago. Yesterday, speaker stopped working. Phone not much good if you can't hear it ring. Verizon will only trade for a refurb even though this product has some defect that they should replace with a NEW unit. Verizon is NOT doing the right thing on this.

I noticed mine did this last night, wouldn't play anything from the external speakers. A hard reset fixed it though, not sure if it will come back or not (hoping not).