Speaker not working after manual ICS Upgrade

theGlasswalker

Reaction score
I manually upgraded my RAZR to ICS on Friday afternoon. The speaker was working just fine Friday.

I realized today that the speaker on the phone wasn't working after my alarm clock went off and I didn't hear anything. I tried playing some ringtones, Pandora, and message alert tones. It works fine if headphones are plugged it, otherwise nothing.

I have yet to do a factory reset on it (want to wait 'till I get home from work). I'd prefer not to, but it may be necessary.

Does anyone have any other suggestions that I can try while i'm sitting at work?

Edit: Looks like it still isn't working after even after a Factory data reset and a Factory Reset. Any suggestions then?

Edit 2: Looks like I can still make & receive phone calls just fine. It seems to be the speakerphone portion that isn't working.

Last edited:

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Go to Settings>Sounds>Volumes and play with the ring slider. Mine was initially working. Sometime today it stopped and I did that and it started working again. I hope it was just a fluke and this does not become recurring.

OP
theGlasswalker

theGlasswalker

Reaction score
I guess I need to not be so hard on my toys. It looks like the contacts for the speaker came loose after dropping my phone a couple of times. I ended up smacking it and it started working again.