Speaker not working after manual ICS Upgrade

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by theGlasswalker, Jun 30, 2012.

1. theGlasswalker

theGlasswalker New Member

I manually upgraded my RAZR to ICS on Friday afternoon. The speaker was working just fine Friday.

I realized today that the speaker on the phone wasn't working after my alarm clock went off and I didn't hear anything. I tried playing some ringtones, Pandora, and message alert tones. It works fine if headphones are plugged it, otherwise nothing.

I have yet to do a factory reset on it (want to wait 'till I get home from work). I'd prefer not to, but it may be necessary.

Does anyone have any other suggestions that I can try while i'm sitting at work?

Edit: Looks like it still isn't working after even after a Factory data reset and a Factory Reset. Any suggestions then?

Edit 2: Looks like I can still make & receive phone calls just fine. It seems to be the speakerphone portion that isn't working.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  2. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

Go to Settings>Sounds>Volumes and play with the ring slider. Mine was initially working. Sometime today it stopped and I did that and it started working again. I hope it was just a fluke and this does not become recurring.
  3. theGlasswalker

theGlasswalker New Member

I guess I need to not be so hard on my toys. It looks like the contacts for the speaker came loose after dropping my phone a couple of times. I ended up smacking it and it started working again.
Search tags for this page
android ics speakers not working
android phone speaker not working
android speaker not working
droid bionic call speaker not working
droid razr ear speaker not working
droid razr internal speakers not working
droid razr maxx ear speaker not working

droid razr speaker not working

droid razr speakers not working
motorola droid razr maxx ear speaker not working
speaker not working droid razr