Droid RAZR Soon to Get Update: Bug Fixes, Including Camera, Data and More

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I received the update just now and I am not registered at all. So is ot really a soak test?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Yea its a soak test but if everything goes right, its going to be the released product. Which I have read nothing but good things about it so far.

Ohh OK. I just barely got the razor yesterday and gave my wife the nexus cause I was having alot if data issues with it.

So far with the update I haven't really noticed anything with the data issues. But the camera is alittle bit better than before. Hopefully they will fix the data issues. On my resound that thing gets get data connection but the only draw back of the resound is the switching from 4g/3g. It would go from 4g to 1x

Sent from my DROID RAZR

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
too late you've already surpassed that number :)

I'm hoping this update doesn't jack up my already "perfectly" functioning handset. I have no connectivity issues now and I don't want any introduced via a software update..

Very big +1 to this. I have no reboot issues...just recently been having connectivity issues but its hard to tell since I live n work in a bad reception area. Gotta toggle Airplane Mode and/or LTE/CDMA to get it back.

Captmilk

Reaction score
I work in an area where when I leave my office I get 4g and where I sit at my desk the phone goes from 3g to 4g constantly. I was having 3g to 4g connectivity and it's not 100% fixed but it's 95% fixed. The data will transition from 3g to 4g seamlessly now and stay connected. Also my over all cell signal is a lot stronger (not sure if they did anything there) Camera shutter speed is improved. I'm not a guy that needs to talk 2ms pics though..lol

RedTarget

Reaction score
If my luck with updates on the Razr is like it was with my OG, I will have to wait until the update is posted and do it manually. Never did get an update pushed to my device... which was the main reason I ended up rooting the OG. :biggrin:

motaumar

Reaction score
I didn't get an update. How come?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I didn't get an update. How come?

It's a very random process. You SHOULD get it anytime between this very second and the 23rd of this month.

motaumar

Reaction score
Lol hopefully soon.
How does it work though? I thought everyone gets it at once

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
They push it out to x amount of users. Wait 48 hours for any issues that the update may have introduced. If all clear they then push it out to another x amount of customers, pause for a short period of time and begin pushing it out again to the rest of the customers until everyone is updated.

It's usually a 4-7 day process

orinalgangsta

Reaction score
I received my update about 8 pm last night, and just in the nick of time. I was having an extremely annoying texting issue where it jumped all over the keyboard when swyping. 4G connectivity issues too, which are now better. There's an improved battery life too, took it off the charger 11 pm, and the battery was still 100% when I woke up at 9am. I have sleeping smart actions as well, but the phone would have normally been at 90%. This update rocks! I seriously almost returned the phone, but now I'm holding off..

Funny thing, my Dad has a razr too and hasn't received update yet.lol

motaumar

Reaction score
Ohhh
Niceeee
I hope I get it soon

hireman

Reaction score
I'm a total newb here so cut me some slack but I have been reading about rooting my phone and have a question. If I root it will I get this update? It sounds worthwhile to have it and like others , my camera pretty much sucks. After I root my phone, I have read there is no way to put it back, does that still hold true?

TIA