Droid razr flash player

shahzaib10

Reaction score
Sucks.that the adobe flash player not.going to be continued on ics... Any alternative that will let me view the emedded videos on a site?

Or any browser that comes with a flash player?

Yngwie77

Reaction score
I cant believe there arent more posts with people up.in arms about this. Ability to run flash videos on my phone was a HUGE selling point for me to buy android. Now all these videos wont work on my phone. WTF? I know ive seen complaints but nothing like i think there should be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Parzec

Reaction score
Isn't Adobe flash player 11 available in the play store for Razrs running ICS?

Sent from my DROID RAZR maxx from Droid Forums

xtor

Reaction score
Parzec said:
Isn't Adobe flash player 11 available in the play store for Razrs running ICS?

Sent from my DROID RAZR maxx from Droid Forums

Yes it is, works great

point of origin

William_04_x

Reaction score
It doesn't work on embedded videos. Clicking on such will cause a browser freeze which can be a PITA to clear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
shahzaib10

shahzaib10

Reaction score
William_04_x said:
It doesn't work on embedded videos. Clicking on such will cause a browser freeze which can be a PITA to clear.

Exactly my point.... Wondering if there is an alternative?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I cant believe there arent more posts with people up.in arms about this. Ability to run flash videos on my phone was a HUGE selling point for me to buy android. Now all these videos wont work on my phone. WTF? I know ive seen complaints but nothing like i think there should be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

There are many posts with people upset about this. The problem is, they're scattered all over the place with various rants and conversations taking place in different threads. With the large amount of ICS threads and new users who post new threads for things that there are already threads for, it's been tough for the mods to keep topics contained in more centralized locations. For example, this thread really shouldn't have been started. It would be more beneficial to the entire community if the conversation about the topic was continued in an already existing thread where things are already being discussed. This is probably the largest thread on the topic: Embedded Flash Videos not working.

It does work for some embedded videos, but not for others. It seems to be hit or miss, with more misses than hits.

marmistead

Reaction score
yes adobe flash was removed from play store on august 15 but you can Manually install flash on your Device

I just upgraded my Droid X that was beginning to fail after 2+ years of heavy use to a Razr Maxx HD. I really like the Maxx HD. My wife went for a new I-Phone 5 due to its out-of-box ease (when Verizon ships in it Nov.). I like the flexibility of Android. I was disappointed,however, that the MHD would not play streaming video from Zahitv that carries many US cable news channels. I was able to locate and download the old link to Flash 11 and it is http://market.android.com/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer and downloaded it through Google Play. (after id=com. the three dots should be changed "=com.ado" before "be" to spell out the company's name that owns Flash Player - this board seems to automatically convert that company's name to dots to mask it) Google Chrome will not play it, but Mozilla Firefox will. Firefox is now my main browser and I can now watch everything that I could before. Success!