Droid Pro: programming a pause after phone number for an extension

DroidEagle

Reaction score
I have found numerous threads on how to set up a pause in the Droid, Droid X and Droid 2, but none of them work on the Droid Pro. How come?

I have some phone numbers in Contacts where an extension can be dialed after a 3-4 second pause. I have tried adding commas or semi-colons after the main number, followed by the three-digit extension number. The main number dials correctly, but the extension never dials.

In addition, in the other instructions, a "multi-function keyboard" is referenced; however, I cannot find any reference to this function in the Droid Pro instructions. Supposedly, it has "pause" and "wait" buttons. The instructions for the other models to bring up such a keyboard do not work on the Pro. Frustrating!

Purluxry

Reaction score
I'm rooted and most custom roms i've downloaded allow me to push a dial pad button and it shows a pause button etc.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mikacutie

Reaction score
I haven't set up any pauses on the Pro, but the ones that transferred from my other phone show up with a comma, then the ext. ex. 3103333333,2500 And it works

dtwalters

Reaction score
Commas work for me, too, on a stock Droid Pro.

DTW

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
D

DroidEagle

Reaction score
Hmmmm. That hasn't worked for me...yet! I'll try again. As for being "rooted," I have absolutely no idea what that means. I am not a techie and have an out-of-the-box Droid Pro.

OP
D

DroidEagle

Reaction score
Just tried it again with no luck. The phone number dials fine; the three-digit extension number following the comma does not.

OP
D

DroidEagle

Reaction score
OK...success! I started adding multiple commas after the main number, then the three-digit extension. At five, it barely dialed the extension; six worked fine.

Apparently, the single comma did not delay long enough for the receiving system to accept the extension. I'm gonna try adding some more commas to see where the optimum is.

Thanks for the replies.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
On my droid inc, one comma was plenty, as each comma was a 3 second pause. On the DP, I find three commas pauses enough to allow it to connect and get into the phone tree.