Droid Pro mail shortcuts and Droid corporate use vs. Toy.

athocinc

Reaction score
On the Motorola Droid Pro, any idea on how to get a direct shortcut to the corporate email account? The Droids are still toys until they can move work a little closer to work. Good try with the Pro, but the fact they force you to go through some hoops to get a simple shortcut created is lame-oooo!

Heck, I still have no freakin clue what I'm doing from day to day. No itinerary, the notifications suck (little tiny LED light? I did love my Eris glowing ball though) Also requiring the use of 3rd party tools to actually make the email and calendar <GASP> work and sync. Exchange calendar refuses to sync for more than a few weeks or less. Says there's a socket timeout, which is probably becuase the Incredible's incredibly stupid Exchange sync tool repetatively chunking already existing items into Exchange!!!! It attempts to scan the callendar on the phone, and just stuff all appointments back into Exchange and they've happened 80 freakin weeks ago.

THANKS for the reminders, roidarific Exchange sync! Nice touch, HTC. Glad you spent the extra engineering hours on this magnificent useless piece of crap sync module. Thanks for reminding me of every single piece of crap I've done since 2007. Try to picture 100's of reminders coming up simultaniously on two PC's. BRILLIANT! IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME OMG I LOVE IT SO FREAKING MUCH I WANT TO [mod edit] EVERY TIME.

We're actually upgrading out Exchange infrastructure in hopes of making Droid's calendar and contacts sync better. Seriously! Now a third of the company has a 'roid, so we have to make them work well, and WITHOUT the use of little [mod edit] 3rd party apps that half [mod edit] integrate and add a layer of sync-to share-to share-with this, no THAT, create with Zoomwhamo email, send with Thunderbakaka, share with <INSERT 3rd PARTY APP HERE>. Needs to be more seamless, not full of seams/choices. INTEGRATE people I-N-T-E-G-R-A-T-E.

Sure great, fine, [mod edit] fantabulous, we can install Android on a freakin toaster oven. Not usefull if it chars the heck out of your pop-tart, or creates 100's of little pop tarts and tries to cram them into your mouth all at once, then creates other virtual toaster ovens to do the same thing! USELESS IF YOU HAVE NO INTEGRATION, HTC. Give in. Integrate. <GASP> draw some lines in the sand. YES you can do this, but NOT that. Try not to [mod edit] it up?

Takes fantastic pictures though! Lemmie upload to muh [mod edit] useless.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME WORK HARD and PLAY HARDER. %^^*%%^&% it. Make a little switch that says woooooooooooooooooooork and another one that says plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Are we working here people. I'm just sayin.

GEEZ. Peace.

-Lee

DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.
DROIDS ARE TOYS.

Last edited by a moderator:

neonerz

Reaction score
Trolly Troll trolls?

I'll bite though. It might be true that android's native exchange support isn't that great (though I haven't tried the Pro, I have heard good things), its not entirely android's fault. Active Sync kind of sucks in general. Though check out Touchdown, GREAT exchange client for android!

I don't know what phone your comparing android to. iPhone's exchange support is even worse and Blackberry's might be great, but thats AFTER paying 8k for the BES.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Heck, I still have no freakin clue what I'm doing from day to day.
Well there's your problem. If you'll stop trolling and post some intelligible questions, we'd be glad to help.

Are you looking for a shortcut to the email app or the inbox itself?

I've never had problems with ActiveSync but I do use Touchdown. The stock Exchange support on the Droid was ok but not sufficient for my needs.

Now a third of the company has a 'roid, so we have to make them work well, and WITHOUT the use of little pissant 3rd party apps that half ass integrate and add a layer of sync-to share-to share-with this, no THAT, create with Zoomwhamo email, send with Thunderbakaka, share with <INSERT 3rd PARTY APP HERE>. Needs to be more seamless, not full of seams/choices. INTEGRATE people I-N-T-E-G-R-A-T-E. [/FONT]
Whose fault is it that you didn't test adequately before rolling them out?

Last edited:

choldridge

Reaction score
hello new to forum but I am in a corprate envoriment I have several droid x phones that syn with exchange mail calander and tasks. On most phones its working ok but several have an issue with just syncing the calander portion you can enter an appointment on the email client it will sync to the phone no problem but if you enter an appointment on the phone it never syncs to the exchange server or on the computer. Please Advise if anyone has any info or if you have ran into this issue before and thank you for your help

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
athocinc, i want to welcome you to the forum, but that was less than a banner way to introduce yourself. this is a family friendly forum, and cursing/inappropriate language does not have a place here. please read this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr.../88151-language-droid-forums-please-read.html

i hope you stick around - this place has a lot of info, and lots of helpful people. i'm sure you could find as much help as you need. given how long you've been a lurker, i'm sure you've probably already seen the type of help that can come from this place.

as for your specific complaints, i agree that the native Android email app is pretty subpar. in fact, i don't even activate it any more. i rely exclusively on Touchdown Exchange. for exchange email accounts, it is absolutely phenomenal!!!! i get emails on my phone before they pop up on my pc. i can sync with as many subfolders as i want, and the calendar syncing works flawlessly. and, whenever i've had any questions, the dev'r has responded in less than a day. imho, it's WELL worth the 20 bucks - especially considering your apparent blood pressure... :)

chai9874

Reaction score
Hi Takeshi,

I'm new to the forum and to Droids. I have a DX, and would love to create a shortcut to the email app, not the inbox (but am curious how). Can give me the instructions?

Thanks,
m-

Heck, I still have no freakin clue what I'm doing from day to day.
Well there's your problem. If you'll stop trolling and post some intelligible questions, we'd be glad to help.

Are you looking for a shortcut to the email app or the inbox itself?

I've never had problems with ActiveSync but I do use Touchdown. The stock Exchange support on the Droid was ok but not sufficient for my needs.

Now a third of the company has a 'roid, so we have to make them work well, and WITHOUT the use of little pissant 3rd party apps that half ass integrate and add a layer of sync-to share-to share-with this, no THAT, create with Zoomwhamo email, send with Thunderbakaka, share with <INSERT 3rd PARTY APP HERE>. Needs to be more seamless, not full of seams/choices. INTEGRATE people I-N-T-E-G-R-A-T-E. [/FONT]
Whose fault is it that you didn't test adequately before rolling them out?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum!! in addition to the Droid Discussion section (for all things Droid), there is a separate section, with several subforums, devoted entirely to the DX. browse around, stick around, and join in the fun!!

you just want a shortcut to the email app, itself?? just long press on a homescreen, and then a menu window will pop up. choose "shortcut", then "applications", and then pick your email app. if you want a widget, select "widget" instead of "shortcut". depending on which email app you're using, you may have several widget options to choose from.