Droid Pro Exchange Sync (Contacts pictures issue)

Stazik

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

I use Godaddy Exchange email service as my primary PIM service with Outlook 2010 on desktop PC and OWA sometimes when using third party PCs.
Never had any problems configuring exchange on my Blackberry (Enterprise Activation), but when I tried setting up Droid Pro - auto detection seems not to work there.
In case you try to configure exchange yourself, here is an excellent guide: Using an Android Mobile Device with Hosted Exchange - Search the Go Daddy Help Center

After initial sync that took a while (I have around 1200 contacts and several hundred of calendar entries) everything seems to be working fine except I cannot get Droid Pro to pull contact pictures from the exchange server (I don't use facebook).

Are there any hacks, tweaks or anything else to get 2.2 Android handle MS Exchange on a similar level as Blackberry does?

CorporateUser

Reaction score
Failure to sync contacts will soon dominate Droid Pro forum

Because it is a problem. I have 3,400 contacts in Exchange that sync perfectly with my Incredible. With the new Droid Pro they partially sync, or not at all, or randomly, inexplicably disappear altogether. I have reviewed the prior threads from when the problem plagued users six months ago and it seems similar. I tried the usual fixes:
1) Reset to factory defaults, set up again
2) Export all contacts to a csv, clear categories and notes, reimport so that they are clean and simple. Still no dice.
3) Call to tech support. I was my agent's first Droid Pro call. There isn't a file on this yet. She patched in Motorola. They needed to escalate and I didn't have time so she stayed on and promised to email me.

My Droid Pro goes back via FedEx tomorrow. I absolutely rely on having my contacts in hand and don't want to wait for a fix.

Another anomaly - when contacts partially synched, lookups took forever - like the phone was looking up over the air rather than in a local synched contact list.

kinggofg

Reaction score
Anyone figure out a way to get the pics to sync? Why did Moto give us this crap contact implementation. ASOP works perfectly, excpet there is no ASOP working build for this phone! Even my windows mobile phone from years ago has a better contact implementation.

Ugh.

anthonydel

Reaction score
Anyone figure out a way to get the pics to sync? Why did Moto give us this crap contact implementation. ASOP works perfectly, excpet there is no ASOP working build for this phone! Even my windows mobile phone from years ago has a better contact implementation.

Ugh.

You have to use the vanilla Android Mail App. Only way it will work. It's a problem with Moto's software that comes on the phone. I had the same issue here at my office with users who used Droid Pro or Droid Global. If the user had a large exchange mailbox it would not sync the contacts correctly. I can't upload the file here for some reason, but just search for "email.apk" and you should find it.

Anthony