Droid phone temps

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by mxair2001, Nov 5, 2010.

1. mxair2001

mxair2001 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm from Texas but I'm in Chicago on vacation. Normally my phone hovers around 30C but since its so cold here today my phone temp dropped down to 16C. Because of this it told me that I was down to 5% battery life in 30min of use! I find somewhere to charge it and I see that it really had 60% left. Anyone else that lives in cold climates notice this?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I live in Central PA and I've not noticed any difference in my battery life due to temp changes. However, cold temp is hard on car batteries. It appears the same is true in your case.

3. steveil

steveil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you think it's cold now come back in January. Actually I have seen no difference from winter - summer.

4. mxair2001

mxair2001 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cold in comparsion to Texas winters....I know its gets worse, but thanks for the input.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

5. onmyway

onmyway Member

One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
    Ratings:
    +0
    I love Chitown because I was born there but the cold there really will make you appreciate the Southern humidity and climate. Half of me wonders to myself if the pace or the weather in the South is why Tennessee, or Arkansas for that matter wooed me in so quickly as a child. I never missed the constant use of mufflers or snow boots.

When I travel roaming drains my phone battery the quickest but admittedly last time in Chicago my phone was pocketed inside a sherling. What cold wind? Grin.