Droid phone temps

mxair2001

Reaction score
I'm from Texas but I'm in Chicago on vacation. Normally my phone hovers around 30C but since its so cold here today my phone temp dropped down to 16C. Because of this it told me that I was down to 5% battery life in 30min of use! I find somewhere to charge it and I see that it really had 60% left. Anyone else that lives in cold climates notice this?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I live in Central PA and I've not noticed any difference in my battery life due to temp changes. However, cold temp is hard on car batteries. It appears the same is true in your case.

steveil

Reaction score
If you think it's cold now come back in January. Actually I have seen no difference from winter - summer.

OP
M

mxair2001

Reaction score
Cold in comparsion to Texas winters....I know its gets worse, but thanks for the input.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I love Chitown because I was born there but the cold there really will make you appreciate the Southern humidity and climate. Half of me wonders to myself if the pace or the weather in the South is why Tennessee, or Arkansas for that matter wooed me in so quickly as a child. I never missed the constant use of mufflers or snow boots.

When I travel roaming drains my phone battery the quickest but admittedly last time in Chicago my phone was pocketed inside a sherling. What cold wind? Grin.