Droid not ringing

dwclt

Reaction score
Sometimes...my Droid doesn't ring and several hours later, it vibrates for voice mails. When I check them, they are several hours old. I don't have any notification of missed calls nor do I have it in my call log. The people tell me it rings 4/5 times and then they get my voice mail. I've had a Blackberry for 4 years and never had this problem at my home...which I work from home. This has never happened until I got my Droid. I'm on my 3rd one and I'm taking it back and going to get a new Blackberry...I'm tired of all the problems of the Droid.

JustDriftin

Reaction score
I have had that problem ever since Verizon took over Alltel. I had a Palm and never had this problem until we were absorbed by Verizon, that is when it started. Got a new phone and it still happens sometimes. I have my voice mail set up telling everyone to please leave a message because the phone doesn't ring all the time. Are you a former Alltel person?

OP
D

dwclt

Reaction score
I've always been with Verizon...just changed from Blackberry to Droid and now having this issue. It doesn't happen all the time, but when I'm dealing with clients, this is not good. I'm calling Verizon today from another phone so they can look into it. This is my second Droid and if it keeps up, I'm going back to Blackberry.

mightyMARSbars

Reaction score
FINALLY figured out a solution

my situation was that my phone would not ring. It would do everything else but it would not ring. Volume up, in all departments, no conflicting programs, nothing. This just randomly started happening the other day for no reason..but as I need to be answering my phone, not ringing simply wouldn't do.

Resetting the phone to factory is what did it for me - I lost my one purchased app in the process though, so look out and back up your profiles if you care about your items.

I did this by first powering the phone down. Next, boot the thing up while holding power AND the letter X on the keyboard. A crazy screen with a <!> will appear. Now from this <!> screen, hold the volume button and camera button on the side of the phone - you should now be at the recovery screen and able to select a factory reset option that will stock your phone back into working order!!

Really annoying I admit and best of luck to all - If anybody has got a better idea, please post it!! Otherwise in a worst case like I seemed to be experiencing, this seems to work (and without having to go to the store!)

ShowTime

Reaction score
Happened ALL the time with my old LG EnV, but haven't had it happen once with my Droid yet. Even took it in a few times and asked Verizon about it, but got nowhere. It happened places where I had only a bar or two, and places I had full coverage.

Resetting the phone to factory is what did it for me - I lost my one purchased app in the process though, so look out and back up your profiles if you care about your items.

I could have sworn purchased apps were somehow tied to your gmail account so you could restore them in the case of getting a new phone or a factory reboot or whatever, without having to buy them again. Pretty sure I've even seen a thread about it here somewhere.

mightyMARSbars

Reaction score
So showtime you are correct - the phone should save your app you've paid for to your profile for access later....make sure if you're syncing more that one google account, that the account you select FIRST is the first one you ever put onto the phone..I admit I just made this mistake yesterday.....if its, say the second or third, the profiles saved to your account will not be accessed, and instead, a new profile will begin to be built into the user account you inappropriately entered first when your phone booted for the first time

Short version - the phone is signing on using a master account, but there is no way to select a master after the fact....so get it right or you'll do my fixit steps twice! haha