Google Voice Voice Mail Problems

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by vthokies1996, Oct 15, 2010.

1. vthokies1996

vthokies1996 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was using Google Voice with the Visual Voice Mail with no problems for several months.

This past month I suddenly had problems receiving notifications that I had a voice mail. I'd see a missed a call, then 6-10 hours later, I'd get a voice mail indication on my Droid.

Yesterday I removed my Droid from my Google Voice number and went back to Verizon's voice mail. Called my Droid from another phone and received the voice mail I left immediately.

I like the visual voice mail that Google VOice had, but don't want to get the message 6-10 hours later.

Any ideas as to what may have been the problem?

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Sorry, I do not use Google Voice. Hopefully, someone who does will be able to shed some light on the issue for you.

Mike

3. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There seem to be intermittent delays. I've never had recent delays of 6-10 hours but, obviously, YMMV. You can enable email or SMS notifications of voicemail which seem to be more consistently reliable. I don't use them myself as the app and the GV site have both provided timely notifications for me.

4. ysrael737

ysrael737 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page
google voice voice mail problem verizon

moto cirtrus voicemail problems