1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Voice Voice Mail Problems

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by vthokies1996, Oct 15, 2010.

1. vthokies1996

vthokies1996 New Member

I was using Google Voice with the Visual Voice Mail with no problems for several months.

This past month I suddenly had problems receiving notifications that I had a voice mail. I'd see a missed a call, then 6-10 hours later, I'd get a voice mail indication on my Droid.

Yesterday I removed my Droid from my Google Voice number and went back to Verizon's voice mail. Called my Droid from another phone and received the voice mail I left immediately.

I like the visual voice mail that Google VOice had, but don't want to get the message 6-10 hours later.

Any ideas as to what may have been the problem?
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Sorry, I do not use Google Voice. Hopefully, someone who does will be able to shed some light on the issue for you.

Mike
  3. takeshi

takeshi New Member

There seem to be intermittent delays. I've never had recent delays of 6-10 hours but, obviously, YMMV. You can enable email or SMS notifications of voicemail which seem to be more consistently reliable. I don't use them myself as the app and the GV site have both provided timely notifications for me.
  4. ysrael737

ysrael737 New Member

Search tags for this page

google voice voice mail problem verizon