Droid not ringing and acting weird...

808droid

Reaction score
Today when my wife got home she told me that her phone wasn't ringing. When I called her phone to troubleshoot it, I heard the ringtone coming from her earpiece and not the regular loudspeaker ringer, when I hung up the phone, it chirped a note through the ringtone speaker and then the screen went black.

I tried several times and still it didn't work. I also noticed that her screen went black every time I called, then an error popup occurred, I selected forceclose and tried again, the same thing happened again, still no ring, and the popup box appeared again stating that a program failed to load, and again gave me the option to force close it, which I did.

I noticed that her call log went black every time, then it slowly re-appeared showing missed calls, then it faded out slowly, it was acting really wierd, besides that problem, the widget page was moving very slow, I mean very slow. The widget screen would barely move up or back down at all, and without selecting any app, apps randomly opened by itself.

I turned off the phone to see if it would help by rebooting and it didn't. So I pulled the battery that everyone else has been doing and the problem seem to have disappeared.

Should I return the phone for a new one? I haven't seen any other post about this issue.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd keep an eye on it. If you're close to 30 days then I'd return it to be safe... but if you've got time give it a few days see how it pans out. Just what I'd do...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
808 I would say NO do not return it just yet. If the problem(s) persist then yes a return is in order but right now sometimes things can get a little wonky.

I have not turned my phone off for 10 days now and have not experienced any issues. Your device should run just as smooth from this point on.

This is not to say that the occasional issue may not pop up that requires a reset but for the most part the device should run solid. If not return it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem. You should LOVE this thing once you settle into it.