Droid no longer locking when I press power button?

Beavis2000

Reaction score
Last month I got a DROID which I at first found to be cool but odd to use.. I have since fallen in love with it, aside from two things.

1. I Have now had two different moto droids and a third is on it's wa because the lock button stops working. I press and hold it and can power down the phone but a simple tap to lock the screen doesn't work. it acts as if it doesn't recognize it. Has anyone else heard of this? When I has a problem with the first one VZW hadn't heard of it but when I went to talk to them about the second one having the same issue they said a fix is on the way, it won't be in the 2.1 update but will be very shortly after. This drives me nuts because I use BT and when ever I put the phone in its holster or my pocket I hang up on people or transfer from BT to the handset....

2. I absolutely HATE that when I end a call it takes me to the darn call log screen or the contacts screen. I used to have an app that took me to the home screen upon pressing end, but had to do a factory reset which wiped out all my apps (for the lock issue) and cannot remember the name of it... can anyone help me out with this?

Thank you in advance!

Had it not been for the forum I would have likely tossed the droid and stuck with my "dumb" phone, I'm hoping I can again be bailed out by you guys! :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
For #2 get not call log from the market. You can set where the Droid goes after you hang up.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Howdy Beavis :welcome: i had that problem once about 2 months ago. after i did a battery pull it stopped. No idea what happened. the app you're thinking of is called "notcalllog" :D

OP
Beavis2000

Beavis2000

Reaction score
Not call log that's it! I was searching for it with spaces... searched for it withoutspaces and there it is! Thank you! Now for that pesky non locking screen...

GerryG35

Reaction score
I just wanted to add my recommendation for NotCallLog. With this app, you can end a call with one press instead of fumbling around with End, Back, Home - plus not worry that you will accidentally press/call a contact while the call log is displayed. I don't know what the developers were thinking when they decided that completed calls should send you to the call log.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Looks like your #2 questions was answered, but I have seen your #1 question happen to me as well. I had an app called DockAwake that performed functions when car docking. One of them was to disable the keyguard when docked and re-enable it when undocked. Only sometimes, it didn't re-enable properly. Do you have any apps that might be messing with that?

OP
Beavis2000

Beavis2000

Reaction score
I do use a docking app but have twice uninstalled all apps and done a factory reset. I learned something today though, if gthe phone goes to sleep from inactivity and I press the lock button to wake, I can relock it from the unlock screen.

collins.drums

Reaction score
Question for you Beavis: do you use an app called "Lookout" or ANY other antivirus app? I experienced the same problem for the last two days. I did the factory reset, checked all my apps and settings, blah blah blah. Solution: Uninstall any antivirus/ backup apps FIRSTthen do a factory reset. Like I said, I experienced the same issues you have been. Verizon said antivirus apps and such like "Lookout" have been "causing havoc on droids". I really hope this helps! It fixed my droid and the market remember all my other apps so no need for any backups. Let me know how you make out!

:motdroidhoriz:

OP
Beavis2000

Beavis2000

Reaction score
I appreciate the response! Though I am not running any type of app like that. I. Am glad you were able to gget fixed. Hopefully I will soon.