Droid loosing functionality

shoot

Reaction score
Since 2.2 I have lost ability to play video and streaming audio.

I called support ant they had me do a reset that lost everything I purchased but that said did not gain me the use of my droid again for video files or pandora etc.

I am not liking my droid at the moment. It is going down hill fast.

What's up ? Support could not help me and it worked fine before 2.2 update.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
did you get te OTA 2.2?

i'm running 2.2 stock and do not have any of these problems you are saying. A factory reset should have fixed the problem.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Since 2.2 I have lost ability to play video and streaming audio.

I called support ant they had me do a reset that lost everything I purchased but that said did not gain me the use of my droid again for video files or pandora etc.

I am not liking my droid at the moment. It is going down hill fast.

What's up ? Support could not help me and it worked fine before 2.2 update.

It sounds like you have a bad install of 2.2. Can you take it to a Verizon store (may need to be a factory store??) and have them reflash 2.2 for you? I know that has helped with a lot of people in the past.

Good luck.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Reflashing will probably do it, although doing a factory reset didn't seem to help (from what the poster said). I've helped family members with similar "problems" and statements. It's always a lack of understanding how things work.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
There was a problem with pandora when 2.2 was first released. I believe a fututre pandora update fixed it though. Have you updated to the latest? Try the RockPlayer app for watching video. The built in player does not support a lot of formats. Also, you should be able to re-download any paid apps that you previously paid for.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Yes, all paid apps are tied to your gmail account, so if you re-registered your phone with a different gmail account after the factory reset - that would explain why none of your paid apps are there...

OP
S

shoot

Reaction score
It says it's up to date.

Seemed that all the video formats were working fine until update.

It's also having problems suddenly with streaming audio. As if the functionality of the phone is being downgraded. I'm glad to hear that it's my phone that's sputtering. ie I loved my betamax and thought HD was better than bluray. lol

I may try to find a verizon dealer to flash or whatever but this time I'll move everything to the SD. My droid does seem to be progressively going down hill.

I purchased a video player that seems to work on it's own playing some of the formats.