"droid" logo sound

Smod

Reaction score
Since I updated to Android v2.3.4 System v4.5.621 on verizon my Droid X plays the "droid" logo sound at random times day and night. I checked all the sounds settings, cleared data from my text messaging app and also cleared my cache. Any ideas, it is extremely annoying and disruptive. Happens on my wife's Droid X too. Smod

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
And you're not receiving an email or IM or voicemail? Maybe the phone reboots in the middle of the night?

OP
S

Smod

Reaction score
No it happens 15-20X in 24 hrs w/o rebooting.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
plugged in to computer or not? or doesn't matter?

OP
S

Smod

Reaction score
never plugged to computer. Don't know if it is a Verizon, Motorola or android issue?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm never heard of that before. Looks like you might need to try a factory reset. It will wipe your user data.

OP
S

Smod

Reaction score
Called verizon again got a good tech they called Motorola. Its a known issue with DROIDX & v2.3.4 Motorola will have fix in SEPTEMBER. Guess i'll upgrade. Thanks for all you help.

OP
S

Smod

Reaction score
Under sound-notifications there is no choice for "no sound" therefore you can't shut it off.

Savagerun

Reaction score
Not sure if this will work or not but get AudioManager by smart android apps from the playstore/market then use it to turn off system volume and see if takes care of it.