Freezes at moto m logo

DxBlade

Reaction score
My dad just got a droid x. I rooted and put rubix 1.89 on with no problem. But sometimes on reboot it freezes on the m logo but you can here the droid sound when the sd card mounts like it booted but the screen stays on the logo. If you pull the battery it works. Any one have any ideas how to fix this. Everything else works great. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's usually a known issue with froyo. Did you notice it before the installation of the rubiX ROM?

OP
D

DxBlade

Reaction score
Yes it happened once while I was setting it up I thought I messed up. I never had that happen on my x thats why I was confused. Would changing the boot logo fix this?
Thanks for your quick response

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes it happened once while I was setting it up I thought I messed up. I never had that happen on my x thats why I was confused. Would changing the boot logo fix this?
Thanks for your quick response

No, changing the boot logo won't fix it. I had the same happen after I upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 froyo. I sent the phone back and they sent a new one. Now...there update fix for froyo which never came out was suppose to fix a few issues, but it's not here.

And I don't suggest bringing it to Verizon without restoring it to how it was out of the box.

Some people will suggest flashing SBF for a fix. You can do this also but Someone else will have to walk you through it.

OP
D

DxBlade

Reaction score
Thanks chkmate I am comfortable with flashing sbf. If it annoys him too much i'll try that I just wasn't sure about this issue. Thanks again for your help

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks chkmate I am comfortable with flashing sbf. If it annoys him too much i'll try that I just wasn't sure about this issue. Thanks again for your help

No problem:)

And the update from froyo isn't the only thing that causes that, just was for me. Every phone is different when installing different things.

Good luck!

Danii1003

Reaction score
I have the same problem except my phone is not rooted its as is from verizon

My dad just got a droid x. I rooted and put rubix 1.89 on with no problem. But sometimes on reboot it freezes on the m logo but you can here the droid sound when the sd card mounts like it booted but the screen stays on the logo. If you pull the battery it works. Any one have any ideas how to fix this. Everything else works great. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROIDX

maderschramm

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

Then send it back to them lol

Danii1003

Reaction score
I didn't think I had to figured it wad from the update to 2.2 cause our didn't happen before that

Sent from my DROIDX

Then send it back to them lol

Sent from my DROIDX

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup. You don't have to be rooted to have this problem. Call warranty:)

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk