Droid keeps resetting guys, please help a desperate daddy

wyattspoppa

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My Droid X2 keeps resetting itself, over and over again. It just powers down and up again, I can access it for about 1 minute and it crashes again...any advice before I try a full factory reset?
Daddy is supposed to take his little boy to Disneyland tonight and it's 5pm already, can't go without a phone the way my POS car runs.
It is not rooted though I do have many apps installed on an SD card. I've been removing the ones I installed in the last 24 hours 1 by one as my phone allows in the 60 seconds it remains active before the next reboot. If it helps, while it's up, I'm getting messages that say "xyz" game has stopped responding force close". Any suggestions before I either take it to Verizon (bye bye Disneyland and disappointed son) or do a reset which means losing some of my data (most apps I have backed up and photos too, not sure about video and I do have some I care about of my munchkin)
Thank you!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Can you remove the battery? If you can try pulling the battery and waiting a minute then put it back in and restart the phone.

OP
W

wyattspoppa

Reaction score
The caplocks are intentional, forgive the break in protocol but you'll see it was important.
Do not do the new verizon update without contacting verizon first! I had one today that reset my phone every 60 seconds as long as my battery was plugged in. I thought it might be some nefarious software but after calling verizon, they immediately asked if i did the update, my new phone will be here monday, no questions asked. She even asked if i had an old phone she could activate in the meantime. Don't do what i did and start removing apps and programs or check your sd card contents etc, it's not you, the update is a phone-killer.
If you did an update this morning and your phone is constantly resetting, don't waste your day trying to fix it, call verizon and enjoy your new phone, if you haven't installed the update, for pete's sake, don't! Back up any data you can as i've done, pull your sd card and save your photos and video, whatever apps you have on there. It's a hassle as it crashes after about 60 seconds so work fast, keep your phone plugged into your charger while you do it since the reboots drain the battery very quickly, also take breaks if you have alot of stuff so you don't overheat the unit and don't forget to pull off your screensaver, phone cover and sd card before you return it. Message me if i can help and good luck.
The verizon tech line is 800-922-0204
cheers

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Glad to see that you got the issuse figured out. And the best part is that you're getting a new phone. Hopefully your son won't be too bummed out.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is this in the Droid 1 forum? It's always better to post in the proper forum as users in the Droid X2 forum may have experienced the same issue.

Mods, please put this thread where it belongs.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
By the way wyattspoppa, did you and the little guy make it to Disneyland, or was the bricked phone a dealbreaker?

I hope you were able to go, I remember when I was a little guy, and went to Disneyland.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to droid x2 tech support.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
W

wyattspoppa

Reaction score
Apologies, in my haste to get the info out to spare some folks bricking their phones with the latest bad update, I didn't examine the location of my post closely. Thanks

OP
W

wyattspoppa

Reaction score
Missed the part where it says "junior droid" member I guess?. I'm a noob, just wanted to spare a few folks from bricking their phones and wasting a day trying to figure out why their phones wouldn't work as I did, but thanks for pointing out my mistake and making no mention of the valuable content. If I were a volunteer fireman, I'd know to get folks out of the building first, then concern myself with proper decorum later on...

OP
W

wyattspoppa

Reaction score
Sure did, thanks, just ran to Radio Shack, bought a $15 land phone and took my wife's phone as she hadn't done the bad update. Kind of you...Cheers