Cant get phone to send Go Daddy website emails - HELP

dustyfeathers

Reaction score
Hi All!

Relative newbie here...I need help getting my emails sent to my phone. I cant seem to get my hotmail either.

I have a website on Go Daddy and I need to get emails sent to me on my phone. Each time I try the phone cant get the emails.. I bought this phone for work and I need to be able to trust it is getting each email to me quickly.

I don't know all the different email terms like "push" etc. I have noticed that my hotmail isn't consistent at all and I only get consistent notifications after a reset. But that only lasts for about 4 hours and its back to no notifications at all.

Please be gentle on the newbie oh gurus of all things "droid"

Thanks in advance for your email help !

Kim

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Is the godaddy pop3 or imap capable? It would seem that it is if you can get it sometimes.

A lot of people have had success with forwarding all their accounts to their gmail account and labeling the incoming mails by account.

You could try that.

markdobson

Reaction score
Kim -

I have GoDaddy as well and have 5 different business email accounts running to my Droid as well as my work PC's, laptops and netbooks. They are all POP accounts and I set them up with the Go Daddy "pop.secureserver.net" settings.

PM me if you need help with the settings.

Last edited:

jrosario2269

Reaction score
Motorola Atrix Outgoing server settings godaddy

Can anyone please share the exact setting for both incoming and outgoing servers on go daddy?

Thanks

jrosario2269

Reaction score
Why does everyone in these forums has to be a d*ck?

What i am trying to do is setup gmail as my incoming and go daddy as my outgoing i have exhausted all resources on the internet, go daddy, Google, Motorola including calling go daddy.
So your goggled link doesn't do crap for me but thanks for the help.

If you didn't mean the lazy comment for me then disregard the above it just seems like these nerdy developers in here and many other sites swear that the whole world needs to know just as much as they do.

Help without insults is much appreciated.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok lets keep it civil.

What settings do you have in the email app right now?

I ask because there a few settings that I've found on GoDaddys website. Enabling SSL and changing the ports etc.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jrosario2269

Reaction score
Ok lets keep it civil.

What settings do you have in the email app right now?

I ask because there a few settings that I've found on GoDaddys website. Enabling SSL and changing the ports etc.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help? Well after spending quite sometime on the outgoing settings i gave up and decided to just use pop for gmail as my outgoing as well. If you can share your settings ill plug them in and share the outcome here. please keep in mind that i have an Atrix and the menus or settings on godaddy differ as far as wording goes.