help please!! open home lite keeps installing

SDiener72

Reaction score
I wanted to do a factory reset now that i know how i want my droid

Problem is after the reset everything is fine then open home lite just installs.

I can yes go in an uninstall it

but how is it getting installed.

I unchecked backup before i factory reset. i also formatted the sd card

I tried again, right after the gmail sync. it installs again

can someone pleae help me figure out why?

Droider

Reaction score
In addition to my new Droid, I've been a G1 owner and have used Android for over a year. I did factory reset a couple times on my G1 so I was familiar with the process. Last night, I decided to do a factory reset to fix a problem I was having as well as give a fresh start.

Much to my surprise after setting up the reset phone with my gmail account it went ahead and automatically installed all the apps I had installed previously. It was kind of a neat feature for it to basically "help" me get my phone back to the way it was before the reset.

So I guess if you don't want it to install apps for you after a reset you might need to uninstall all the apps you don't want BEFORE you do the reset (that's assuming your phone is working well enough to actually remove the apps before a reset).

Since yours already installed, you can just uninstall the individual apps you don't want.

I think it will take some time before all the nuances of the "Backup" feature are known. Like if you were previously using Backup and then remove the checkmark, does Google's system still "remember" the settings you had up until the time you removed the checkmark?

Last edited: