Droid is pissing me off

mrwyno14

Reaction score
Droid APP is pissing me off

I downloaded this app, and it messed my whole droid up. Everything seems to be working except for the screen, it is black. Tried the whole hard and soft reset, didn't work, cant see the screen. There has to be a way to plug this phone into a computer, wipe it clean, and reinstall factory software the way that it was bought. Can't find anything on google about it, but I know there has to be a way. Help is very much appreciated, I can't even have phone sex with my girl anymore. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

pinesal

Reaction score
I think you can boot up in safe mode by holding down the menu button, or its the home button. Try it first.

JCo352

Reaction score
What app was it? and if that ^^^ fails, see if you can get into bootloader(turn off phone,open the keyboard, up on the d-pad and power). If you can do that you can use RSD Lite.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nothing on Google?
motorola droid factory data reset - Google Search

First returned result is DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS (provided you can get to at least the M logo, otherwise as ^^ you'll have to go with RSD):
How to Hard Reset a Motorola Droid | eHow.com

Also leave your phone on the charger overnight BEFORE attempting this... Many times when people have trouble booting it's just the phones battery being very low (i.e. if it's so low the phone can't/won't boot) it takes FOREVER for it to charge (it's a very slow trickle charge and will take 12+hrs).

Last edited:
OP
M

mrwyno14

Reaction score
I already tryed to hard reset it and soft reset so yea, i couldnt find anything ELSE on google after that. I just tried to hold up on the d pad and power up, and nothing happened. As for a menu button, im not sure what you meen? the touch screen? is so, nothing there either. This screen is lit up, but BLACK, it runs but you can't see nothing, you can hear it start up and say DROID but this screen sucks. The name of the app was called something like "broken glass app" or "broken screen app". Yea it really broke my phone. Help me you guys, i need phone sex

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I already tryed to hard reset it and soft reset so yea, i couldnt find anything ELSE on google after that. I just tried to hold up on the d pad and power up, and nothing happened. As for a menu button, im not sure what you meen? the touch screen? is so, nothing there either. This screen is lit up, but BLACK, it runs but you can't see nothing, you can hear it start up and say DROID but this screen sucks. The name of the app was called something like "broken glass app" or "broken screen app". Yea it really broke my phone. Help me you guys, i need phone sex

he's not blaming the Droid, he is blaming an app....

Its been so long since I had the Factory Recovery on my phone I don't know what the options are with it anymore. But if you can boot into recovery there may be a way to wipe your phone. If a hard reset doesnt work, RSD Lite might be the only way. There HAS to be a way to fix this without RSD Lite, Cuz if not, that app needs to be reported and removed with the quickness.

Did you try long pressing somewhere on the screen to see if that did anything? Or see if you can bring the notification bar down from the top? Press the power button a few times to see if the lock screen shows up?

Last edited:

doublejack

Reaction score
he's not blaming the Droid, he is blaming an app....

Its been so long since I had the Factory Recovery on my phone I don't know what the options are with it anymore. But if you can boot into recovery there may be a way to wipe your phone. If a hard reset doesnt work, RSD Lite might be the only way. There HAS to be a way to fix this without RSD Lite, Cuz if not, that app needs to be reported and removed with the quickness.

Did you try long pressing somewhere on the screen to see if that did anything? Or see if you can bring the notification bar down from the top? Press the power button a few times to see if the lock screen shows up?

I beg to differ. The title of this thread is "Droid is pissing me off".

I still believe the OP is a troll. I just did a search, and there are no apps named "broken screen" or "broken glass". I also find the accusations that installing an app can prevent the phone from booting into recovery mode, or keep the boot animation from playing, to be unbelievable.

OP, if you aren't a troll, do a hard reset. When you turn your phone back on, hold down the "X" key on the keyboard. That will bring up a recovery menu where you can do a factory reset.

doublejack

Reaction score
I did notice the Broken Droid app. That might be the app the OP is referring to, but it can't be causing major problems. It is a harmless prank app.

I agree 100% with the comment on a hard reset. If that doesn't fix the phone, there's a huge problem and it wasn't caused by an app.

OP
M

mrwyno14

Reaction score
You guys all remind me of an AOL chatroom in the late 90's, Yibber yabberin this n that. haha

Screen Crack v1.0.3 Application for Android | Demo

no but in all seriousness, go there and look at this app I got, then read the comment that someone else left on the bottom of the page, it reads:

"This app messes up your screen do not download this app" and its from Jessica on the 15th of April of 2010.

I want to clap for Jessica now, because she understands that there is no way to pull up the recovery console and be able to view what the hell it says when your screen is BLACK. Its lit up, but its black. BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK. Did the whole x plus power n ctrl alt del n its black. Oh yea, and when the girl your talking to is fat but sounds skinny on the phone, phone sex is way better than the real deal OK?

Have I cleared this all up for you guys?