Droid Incredible 2 problems - USB repair = black screen

Anedae

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been searching for answers, but haven't come up with anything that isn't really old (1+ year ago) and I wanted to make sure I get the newest info. My incredible 2 USB port got broken the other day so I ordered a new one and followed the instructions I found online for disassambly and found it SO much easier than a Droid 2 - however, when I put the phone back together and tried to start it... all I got was the HTC white logo for a few seconds, and then it went black. The screen was still on (backlight) but no picture showed up. It seemed to have ocmpletely started up, since the keys were backlit and the screen would seemingly turn on and off...

I tried battery pulls, Fastboot, and even a Factory Reset and nothing has helped. I'm only familiar with the procedures for fixing droid 2s, since that was what I had before so HTC is new to me. I have disassembled and reassembled what I did multiple times in hopes it was just a loose connection somewhere, but I can't find it. I only disassembled back to where I needed to in order to fix the USB... if it might help I could disassemble completely... Also, when I did the factory reset, the LCD screen worked fine - so I don't think I broke the LCD...

I can get into the boot mode (vol down, power) so I can run whatever I need to in order to get this working again - please help me figure out what to do with this?