1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid A855 problem

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by SWFLDroid, Jun 13, 2011.

1. SWFLDroid

SWFLDroid New Member

Droid A855 problem, screen only brightening slightly at turn on

Hello-

I have a 2 year old A855 that had been suffering from a bad digitizer. (dead spots, random key pressing, ect)

I decided to go ahead and replace the digitizer myself so I ordered one off Amazon. I installed it and the phone wouldn't power on, just a slight brightening of the screen when power button was pressed.

Thinking I may have done something wrong, I disassembled the phone again and checked all the connections. Reassembled and the same thing, just a slight brightening of the screen. About to give up after several battery pulls/re-starts and whala! On it comes! Tested it out and the new digitizer was working great! I used the phone all day and had to do one battery pull/restart at one point but it came right back on. After an extended phone call I went to hang up and the screen was dark and wouldn't wake up. Pulled battery again and this time back to the slight brightening of screen and nothing more. I have tried many more battery pulls, holding x and powering, ect. all with no effect.

Any suggestions or is it time for a new phone?
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. Card

Card New Member

Sounds to me like you have a bad connection. If it was a full short circuit, it wouldn't likely be sporadic like it is. You could re-trace your steps and make sure that everything is tight, but beyond that, you might want to look at a new phone.
  3. SWFLDroid

SWFLDroid New Member

I did once, I will take it apart and check again.

One of the ribbon cables (I believe it was the LCD ribbon) gave me a hard time disconnecting, I may have damaged it. If so, I really don't know how it would have worked so well yesterday but who knows.
  4. SWFLDroid

SWFLDroid New Member

Disassembled and re-checked, everything seems to be correct. Any other ideas?
Search tags for this page
a855 problems calling random
a855 radio
droid a855 screen bad spot

motorola droid a855 problems