Screen problem after trying to fix.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by jakeolsen2219, Aug 21, 2010.

1. jakeolsen2219

jakeolsen2219 New Member

I have an A855 that worked great when I bought. A few days in, I cracked the screen. After ordering a new screen I followed the directions of a youtube video to replace it. After putting it back together, it will not turn on when I press the power button. If I plug it into my computer the usb light comes on and the backlight lights up but that is all I can get to happen. Did I maybe mess up my lcd, or do I have bigger problems?
  2. failuretolaunch

failuretolaunch New Member

I am having the same problem, sort of. Sorry to hijack the thread, but I figure it would be better to post here than create a new thread. My friend dropped her phone a couple weeks ago and then one day it just stopped showing any kind of image. She ordered a replacement digitizer and I replaced that for her, but there is still nothing showing up on the screen. The buttons along the bottom light up, the power button works, the light next to the usb port works, all that, but nothing is showing up on the screen. I have double and triple checked to make sure that the ribbon cables are plugged in to each of their respective ports, so there isn't a loose cable as far as I can tell.

Does anyone have any ideas? She is getting a new phone in 3 weeks but to her, that long without her phone is like an eternity.

Thanks for your help in advance.
  3. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Question for both of you. Do the phones turn on? As in, does everything work but the screen? Can you unlock the phone by swiping where the unlock bar would be? Can you receive calls? Do you hear sound notifications?
  4. Kahoku

Kahoku New Member

I am having the same problem. My phone turns on, I can hear notification tones, it unlocks when I swipe where the bar should be and I can answer calls if i press where the pick up button is. But the screen still will not turn on. It started doing this after I replaced the LCD in my Motorola Milestone X (Droid X). I have checked all the cables and I don't see anything that I did not connect.
Search tags for this page
ace 2 x not working after the screen replaced
after i repaired my lcd screen droid x still not working
android fix long press after screen replacement
droid a855 fix for screen flicker

droid a855 no display

droid x screen not working after replacement
droid x screen problems
fixing android a855 screen flicker
i replace my screen but when i but it together turn on no
lcd screen wont light up milestone x