droid in the car

Anthony 23

Reaction score
Hi. Is there a way I could listen to my music and podcast that I have on my doid through my car speakers?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
you can hook it up through an AUX jack or you can listen to it through bluetooth.

edit: bluetooth only works if your stereo is capable of it.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bluetooth speakers?
Cassette deck in the car where you can use an adapter that plugs into the droid's headphone jack?
headphone jack on the stereo to plug the droid into?

Scissors, electrical tape, extra headphone? :)

cromo8

Reaction score
motorola t505 is the best accessory for that, no static ever works like a charm

ntrddragn

Reaction score
U can use aux input if u have it. U can use a cassette adapter if u don't have it but have a cassette. I have the cassette adapter got it at walmart for 10 bucks. It also work when u receives calls. No feedback or noises. People tells me they hear me perfectly and I can hear them on all my speakers. :D

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any number of ways, as you can see by responses above. Each has its pros and cons. You'll have to look at your car's stereo to see what options are available to you.

Aux/line in, bluetooth A2DP and USB mounting (only suitable for playing music stored on your SD card) are probably the best in terms of sound quality. If your car doesn't have aux/line in there are companies that make aftermarket adapters for factory stereos.

You can use cassette adapters and FM transmitters but these options have worse sound quality.

Be sure to search and check out the Accessories subforum. There are quite a few existing threads that discuss these topics.

ps5281

Reaction score
This all depends on how much you want to pay and the work you want to put into it. I had the motorola t-505 - and it has it's flaws. Anything that isn't hardlined into your radio (such as using and aux-in jack or a bluetooth capable in dash unit) will have some issues. I could never get a perfect signal where I live (Toledo, OH) with the t-505, but when I traveled across Northern Indiana it worked great. The reason being the t-505 (and any other device that using an rf modulator) can not interfere with a radio broadcast.

For example 104.7 is a large station in Toledo which, with varying degrees of static can be heard anywhere from 104.3 to 105.1. Every station is like this depending on signal strength and relationship to the signal. The thing about the t-505 that was so frustrating is that it did automatic selection of the FM station it broadcast to by somehow measuring the signal strength on a predetermined number of FM bands. So it may decide that 104.3 is the best option to broadcast to and this maybe true in my driveway in the suburbs. But, as I move throughout the area moving closer to the radio station's signal origin my radio picks up what is being broadcast on 104.7 and thus causing interference with the signal from the t-505. The t-505 would be much better if the user was able to manually select which station it broadcasted to.

I would only suggest it if you live in a rural area or small city with fewer existing FM radio stations. On my many trips to Chicago it worked perfectly across Northern Indiana because there's not many stations to interfere. Once I got closer to Chicago - forget about it.

My recommendation if you have the time check out Installer.com - the parts that pro car stereo, home theater and electronics installers use - do it yourself car stereo parts, wire harnesses, radio mounting kits ipod adapters and more search for your make and model and see what they have available. If you find something you want take the model number and through it into google - should come up with some reviews and maybe even cheaper prices. My stereo had a factory option to install a ten disc cd changer in the center arm rest which I did not have installed, but the factory in dash still had the connection available for it. Using that connection I had the option of a direct line bluetooth kit or an aux-in wired kit. I took the aux-in kit as it was much cheaper and have had no problems. I can listen to music and take calls in crystal clear sound (I have the car dock on my windshield and the phones normal mic pics up on my voice perfectly, the only problem is when taking a call you have to turn your stereo down to a decent level or the caller will hear an echo). The stereo still functions as it normally did.

Just my $.02.