Droid gingerbread

Newps

Reaction score
I've run three GB ROM's over the last couple weeks and must say I don't get the attraction. All of them ran worse than my two favorites, Charity and Sourcery 2.0. You don't get any features that the Froyo ROM's don't already have. So for me until GB gets tremendously better I see no reason to go back to GB.

aristoid

Reaction score
I have been playing with the various GB Roms over the last couple of weeks. I have tried UD, LGB, and am currently running PE...I had Sourcery on for part of a day to check it out, and that will be the nexts one I try as a daily driver.
In my experience, all of the GB Roms have played nice with my phone, which is more than I can say of the Froyo Roms. I would say they are definately worth checking out as my phone has been really stable across all the different Roms - it runs a bit warmer than some of the Froyo Roms I ran, but not as hot as others.
I think the beauty of GB is a quick phone that is stable across different platforms. It is almost as fast as the best Froyo Roms I have run, and without all the issues some of them gave me.

I say - check them out!!

Sent from my D1 using DroidForums App

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I've run three GB ROM's over the last couple weeks and must say I don't get the attraction. All of them ran worse than my two favorites, Charity and Sourcery 2.0. You don't get any features that the Froyo ROM's don't already have. So for me until GB gets tremendously better I see no reason to go back to GB.

I agree with your observation that you don't see the attraction of a GB rom - neither do I. The thing is though, GB represents the next wave of the Android OS and there's no turning back. Additionally, if those of us who've chosen to root our phones want to be consistent, we need to try the (absolutely free) product the developers are offering. I trust them (the developers) a whole lot more than I trust Motorola,when it comes to creating a rom that will add usefulness to my Droid 1 and not cause any harm.

You really *should* sample the various GB roms, as you're highly unlikely to see an "official" Gingerbread rom for the D1 from Motorola.

-Mike

Newps

Reaction score
I think part of the problem I'm seeing is the apps simply aren't set up to run on GB. But even if all the apps worked as desired there's still no reason to change. Until there are GB only apps that I want I literally see nothing in GB that's attractive. It's not even, yeah it's a little better but not that much. If you gave a Droid to a group of people and didn't tell them if it was Froyo or GB 99% of them wouldn't be able to tell without looking in the menu. I'm sure I'll try some here and there but I really don't see how they're going to be better than Sourcery.