Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

Long live the DROID Eris! A 13.3MB update is either available right now or at least will be in the very near future and will bring one of our original family members up to version 2.41.605.6. What’s included? A bunch of multimedia bug fixes it looks like. You’ll also find better Bluetooth connectivity, Twitter authentication, 2010 Exchange support and a fancy visual voicemail app pre-loaded. More info on the update here.

mamawm

Reaction score
It's really nice to know that verizon hasn't abandoned us, but besides my son whose eris is still running 1.5, just how many eris users do you suppose are out there with unrooted phones.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

RCFlyn

Reaction score
Better question is: how many ERIS Owners do you suppose OWN Mercedes Benz E-350's???? I know I've got 2 sitting in the Garage waiting to become collectors items..... :icon_eek:

PierceO9

Reaction score
I have a question...I received this OTA and it asked me to install it so I looked up the update. Turns out I can benefit from the bug fixes in this update. The only problem is that I have rooted my phone and I flashed an overclockable kernel (because this phone is in desperate need of the speed increase). I'm still running stock 2.1, only I've flashed that kernel. My question is, how can I install this OTA update? If i do it, will it be blocked by Clockwork Recovery? or will it update and just unroot my phone and reset the kernel I've flashed? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

mattamous

Reaction score
I have a question...I received this OTA and it asked me to install it so I looked up the update. Turns out I can benefit from the bug fixes in this update. The only problem is that I have rooted my phone and I flashed an overclockable kernel (because this phone is in desperate need of the speed increase). I'm still running stock 2.1, only I've flashed that kernel. My question is, how can I install this OTA update? If i do it, will it be blocked by Clockwork Recovery? or will it update and just unroot my phone and reset the kernel I've flashed? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I'm wondering the same thing; I also have rooted but have upgraded kernel on stock 2.1. I had the update available this morning but when I went to update (just to try for kicks and giggles), it wasn't able to update. I have also updated my kernel and I got a "No 266 files found" and verification wasn't available. Now, when I check to see if updates are available, it says the system is up to date.

Last edited:

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Has anyone caught the .apk of the OTA and pulled it off for the rooted people ?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hopefully PlainJane will include this update soon, and I can flash it!:icon_ banana:

MissRome

Reaction score
My phone seems to be running faster but it always does that after and update and then slows back down in a couple of days. I was having problems sending pictures because I would send them to someone who has a droid and it wouldn't send at all but if i sent it to some one who didn't it would send. Is this update supposed to fix that or did I read it wrong?