Asus Eee Pad Transformer Gets New Software Update; Bug Fixes and Stability Enhanced

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Mar 14, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Not long ago, we shared that Asus was working on an update to fix a ton of bugs and improve stability of ICS on the OG Eee Pad Transformer. We can rejoice as that update is now rolling out OTA. The new update is software build IML74K.US_epad-9.21.17-20120312, and should make life much easier on the tab now. Sound off in the thread if you have received it already and share your experience.

Source: TransformerForums.com via TalkAndroid
  2. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

downloading now. had no problems before .. whats on the list of fixes??
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  3. cj1896

cj1896 New Member

I accepted it last night. Hopefully it fixes the reboot and sound loss issues for me. From what I understand this is a common problem. All in all, despite the bugs, kudos to Asus for pushing the update out. This is how other manufacturers should do it, put out the Rom with as few bugs as possible and then fix it incrementally.
  4. AsrMatt

AsrMatt New Member

So I downloaded the update, tried to apply, and it failed. Realized I have CWM installed which I assume is causing the issue. Problem is now I can't get out of CWM. Reboot keeps looping me back. Crap...
  5. Sal R.

Sal R. Member

I'm reluctant to update cuz of two posts @xda regarding a non-functional power button after the update.
  6. ajk23az

ajk23az New Member

i updated and everything is fine and dandy with mine. the random reboots are gone after I installed ICS and its like new now! :)
  7. AsrMatt

AsrMatt New Member

Well, I was able to get out of CWR only now I have to cold boot on each start up. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I have searched and not found much of anything that is helpful.
  8. cooltc2004

cooltc2004 New Member

Got it Tuesday @ 8pm. So far so good...
  9. cj1896

cj1896 New Member

If it will turn on (which I think I am reading) you can put it into APX mode and use NVFlash to go back to another stock or stock rooted Rom. It will restore the stock recovery as well.
  10. AsrMatt

AsrMatt New Member

I am able to power it on with no problem. I am going to search for a thread and see if I can find detailed instructions on how to use NVFlash as I have never done it before. Worst case I will be making another exchange tonight. :biggrin:
  11. cj1896

cj1896 New Member

Here is a link to get you started Asus Transformer NVFlash Stock 3.1 Recovery Roms - xda-developers
  12. AsrMatt

AsrMatt New Member

I was able to NVFlash to the ICS OTA (pre beta fix patch) and fix my issue. I then was having issues with root so I tried another NVFlash file to see if I could go back to Honeycomb. Bad idea. I have a brick for a tablet. Thankfully I am still in the 45 day return period so I will be making an exchange tonight.

EDIT: FIXED IT! Somehow I was able to get it NVFlash ICS again. Now I just need to figure out this root issue.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  13. cj1896

cj1896 New Member

I haven't checked what root method works for ICS. Glad it worked. On a side note I woke up this morning and the tablet was in a bootloop so it does not appear that the OTA fixed my issues.
  14. AsrMatt

AsrMatt New Member

[ROOT] TF101 ICS from OTA - xda-developers

This is the method that I used. Found I have to root before the bug fix OTA was applied and then install the root keeper app from the market. Applied the update and used root keeper to re-root and now everything is working great. Time to test the OTA and see if it fixes my issues or not.
Search tags for this page

how to update firmware on the eeepad dock