Droid connection shorting out briefly

bryguy

Reaction score
Tried searching google for this, but wasn't really sure what the problem was called. It's been happening while listening to Slacker radio just in the past hour or so. Every so often, the sound will short out and become all garbled, like a record is being scratched. It only lasts for a few seconds, and then the song goes back to playing. This didn't happen while I was out driving earlier this morning so I'm thinking it might be my home wifi network, but my laptop doesn't have similar problems, so I'm wondering if it could be an app I installed. Does anyone have any information on this problem?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does it happen when you listen to a song or movie that is saved on your phone? If not, it has something to do with the connection. If it does, there is something wrong with the phone itself and would require a replacement.

OP
B

bryguy

Reaction score
I'll have to check on that, since I haven't downloaded any songs or movies to it yet. But it just happened again while the radio was paused, so I'm thinking it might be the phone. This is weird though, since I've never dropped it and have been very careful, even buying a case and screen protector to stop dust and stuff.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check on that, since I haven't downloaded any songs or movies to it yet. But it just happened again while the radio was paused, so I'm thinking it might be the phone. This is weird though, since I've never dropped it and have been very careful, even buying a case and screen protector to stop dust and stuff.

Sometimes electronics are just like that. Luckily, you have a one year warranty through Motorola. Also, depending on when you bought your phone, you might be able to get a replacement at Verizon (if thats where you purchased it). Usually they will take care of you if you're within 30 days of the purchase date. Try putting a mp3 on your sdcard and see if it still randomly cuts out.