1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Camera Focus Question

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by dislecksea, Mar 13, 2010.

1. dislecksea

dislecksea New Member

I have a new Moto Droid running 2.01. When I try to use the camera to scan barcodes it seems to focus for 1/4 of a second and then pop out of focus and try again. It makes barcode scanning questionable.

Since I am on 2.01 I assume that this isn't the infamous camera issue from the original release. Right? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Miles
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

The bar code scanner and the camera are really two different apps. I know what you're saying about it going in and out of focus, it's my experience that this is just how bar code scanners work on phones. My Blackberry Storm did the exact same thing...only Droid gets the barcode faster. :)
  3. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

Any and all of my apps that scan barcodes do the exact same thing. The trick is to make sure you hold the phone perfectly parallel to the barcode, otherwise (in my experience) it will just sit there focusing indefinitely. I've gotten the hang of it and find it picks up the barcode almost immediately.
Search tags for this page
android camera out of focus
droid x2 barcode focus

droid x2 camera unable to focus